Karas

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Karas

Postby Sephirex » Thu May 11, 2006 3:11 pm

Has anyone seen it? I saw the trailer!!! It looks soooooo good!!!

[paizuri: Moved from the General Anime section. This is now the official Karas discussion thread.]
Sephirex

Postby Pwolf » Thu May 11, 2006 4:53 pm

it's pretty cool... the story is a tad confusing and there are still 3 more eps yet to be released in japan. Animation is amazing though.

Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby angelx03 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Though the thing that baffles me is why did Manga Entertainment string together the first 3 episodes into a movie (they did it to both dub and sub versions)? :?

The OVA itself is surely something you just have to see; there's pretty much no way I can describe the animation Tatsunoko has put into. For some reason, I get a feeling that this is a homage of something, but I can't put my finger on it. Nonetheless, I'm curious about the English dub since Bang Zoom! once again hired Hollywood actors to play some of the main roles.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Flame-X » Thu May 11, 2006 6:52 pm

I thought Karas is better than advent children. I'm waiting for ep 4 which should've been out NOW! >.<
Flame-X

Postby J-0080 » Thu May 11, 2006 7:09 pm

I saw the first movie thing at ACen and as the others have said it looks incredible.

Though I hope the next parts will make it more understandable.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby doughboy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:25 pm

The first DVD hurt my head. There's something unnatural and bizarre about the way the story flows (or doesn't) that really makes the whole thing just seem random and intentionally 10X more confusing than it really needs to be. The third part was easily the worst ending I've ever seen to either an episode or collection of episodes on DVD. Something really neat/unexplained happened and it awkwardly faded to black... what the hell? :x

Regardless, it's gorgeous and very creative. I just wish the dialog actually meant something...

The dub was pretty good btw. Matthew Lillard had like 8 lines of dialog but he's featured on the cover. :lol:
doughboy

Postby Bleach_lover » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:32 pm

so karas is worth buying or not??????

i really wanna know cause my bro wants to buy me it and i dunno the trailor looked awsome so is it worth it???
Bleach_lover

Postby Flame-X » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:24 pm

YES it's totally worth it! I like it much better than advent children. I bought my DVD for 8.99 at circuit city. :D
Flame-X

Re: Karas

Postby Enigma » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Thanks Mirk for unblocking <3

So i was watching the DVD's today and finally noticed how awesome the OST was <3
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Return to Anime Series Discussion