Black Lagoon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby Niotex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:50 am

Watched the full thing and I want moar =|

Needs more H though some more goar wouldnt be to bad either. Best part was the little twins in 2nd B- I'd hit both of them regardless of beeing the brother or sister.

I has spoken =/
Image
User avatar
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Status: Simply Insane

Postby OmniStrata » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Well spoken...

Rebi and Rock need to start grinding just to keep Eda's mouth shut lol
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
User avatar
OmniStrata
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Wealthy

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby mirkosp » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Unlocked and bump for the new OVA.
Image
User avatar
mirkosp
MODkip
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Ishbalan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:17 pm

I have no idea how they are going to fit in the Baile de la Muerte Arc with out making it a whole season. I had initially heard that the new ova would be only 5 episodes, but the Gangsta Paradise Arc took 6 episodes and covered 16 chapters, while the Baile de la Muerte Arc covered 33 chapters. The best treatment the Arc could get would be a solid 12 episodes. I very much hope they don't overcompress it or cut too much out.
User avatar
Ishbalan
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Status: Uncomfortably Ghetto Fabulous

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Hitori » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I watched the first episode of the new OVA. It could be interesting.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Hitori
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2002
Location: New Mexico
Status: I might be back.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby guy07 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks mirko :3
This is gonna be wicked. I loved black lagoon. Revy is hhhaawwtt
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Hitori » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm

guy07 wrote:Revy is hhhaawwtt
Agreed! :awesome: :beer:
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Hitori
 
Joined: 06 Feb 2002
Location: New Mexico
Status: I might be back.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Ishbalan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:43 am

First episode was able to cover quite a lot. It was a full 30 minutes, rather than the usual 22, and it moved with a great pace. At this speed they might fit everything in 6-8 episodes.

I never realized how short Fabiola is.
User avatar
Ishbalan
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Status: Uncomfortably Ghetto Fabulous

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby guy07 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

so it is a ova or a season?
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Darklydone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 pm

oh HELL YES!! Mini-Maid kickin some ass!! :D Been waitin for this for so long!!
The one legged space chicken is after me again.
User avatar
Darklydone
 
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Location: The space between madness and genius.
Status: Flat on my back.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:18 am

Ishbalan wrote:First episode was able to cover quite a lot. It was a full 30 minutes, rather than the usual 22, and it moved with a great pace. At this speed they might fit everything in 6-8 episodes.

I never realized how short Fabiola is.


yea, OVA's are able to cover a lot more material than series eps usually. less "filler" material and longer eps (hellsing ultimate is a good example). Noticed they already included some of the flashback scenes. Still, it will be interesting to see if they can fit it all into just 5 eps.

Any idea what the time frame between ep releases is?

note: lol, this is really random, but in the manga at the bar when everyone is pointing their guns at Fabiola, the yakuza guy there makes fun of her small breasts and she gets pissed. they left that part out of the OVA. I wonder why lol
User avatar
Jasta85
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2006

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby guy07 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am

Jasta85 wrote:note: lol, this is really random, but in the manga at the bar when everyone is pointing their guns at Fabiola, the yakuza guy there makes fun of her small breasts and she gets pissed. they left that part out of the OVA. I wonder why lol

Tiny tittie jokes were funny for a bit, but i think most people agree that after years of over abuse from anime writers it's become more of a annoyance than a joke. Hopefully we see less of it in the future.
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 am

The DVD/BD edition will have some extra 5 mins of footage per episode. It might be one of the cut bits.
Image
User avatar
mirkosp
MODkip
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:48 pm

guy07 wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:note: lol, this is really random, but in the manga at the bar when everyone is pointing their guns at Fabiola, the yakuza guy there makes fun of her small breasts and she gets pissed. they left that part out of the OVA. I wonder why lol

Tiny tittie jokes were funny for a bit, but i think most people agree that after years of over abuse from anime writers it's become more of a annoyance than a joke. Hopefully we see less of it in the future.



it's like 20 seconds of dialogue that was actually in the manga, im sure they could have cut something to bring in the small boobs joke :p
User avatar
Jasta85
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2006

Re: Black Lagoon

Postby guy07 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Second OVA is out |:>
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests