Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Post by EvaFan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
jonhmaster wrote:I finished watching the first season of Higurashi and so I say something is beautiful.
Okay. Now STOP.

The second season will advance the "plot" of the show and give a happy ending, but it removes practically everything from the show that made it appealing in the first place.
Do yourself a favor and stop where you are.
I watched the second season for closure. I didn't watch it just for the gore. The storyline is pretty unique though the ending is pretty corny the stoyline by itself is a good reason to watch season two.

Besides that there are new OVA's being released, and they are labeled as a "Sequel" so technically you should watch season 2 before watching em.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
jonhmaster wrote:I finished watching the first season of Higurashi and so I say something is beautiful.
Okay. Now STOP.

The second season will advance the "plot" of the show and give a happy ending, but it removes practically everything from the show that made it appealing in the first place.
Yeah, do yourself a favour and don't listen to Ishbalan. ^^
S2 may not be as good as S1, but it was still great.
I dare you challenge me.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Re:

Post by ultimateX021 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Chrono63 wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:
Okay. Now STOP.

Yeah, do yourself a favour and don't listen to Ishbalan. ^^
S2 may not be as good as S1, but it was still great.
Season 2 answered all the question marks I developed while watching Season 1. It was an indicator to how and why those events happened. I loved the fact that it revealed those answers even though I missed the sudden insanity I experienced in Season 1. They come hand in hand, one for "creeps" and the other for "closure"
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:28 am

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 am

I also liked the second season.It answered all my questions from season 1 although it had a lot of corny scenes and at the end it reminded a lot of soap opera with the "all united against one". Still,it was an enjoyable ride and imo,it kept the flow from 1st season...

Watch it for sure but don't expect any gore.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:41 pm

http://tinyurl.com/989gsq

OP to season 3. Looks like they are focusing on drama in this part of the series from what the OP looks like.

For in depth info on OVA releases and their plots you could believe this guy if you don't understand japanese yourself:
http://tinyurl.com/7wfxkm

Just skip ahead on the vid abit. He likes to ramble.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

It's fake. None of those scenes were original. Just someone's MAD trying to pass as official.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Meh i wasn't sure if it was or not but it looked well done so i just figured it was.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:26 pm

The actual 3rd season preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tohUN9KiFZI

I died a little inside.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Sorry, forgot about the name change thing: