Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:49 am

Well, I came across some free time and I learned that the first few episodes of the second season were just fillers, so I gave it another chance. While the show isn't totally about psychotic killers anymore, I do like how they are actually explaining why the people went crazy in the first place. This show has regained its place on my favorites. This is not the reason for my post, however.

I've been watching another anime called Princess Resurrection. In the 13th episode, the protagonists come across a ghost town that apparently had the exact same situation as Hinamizawa. It is a small village and the government has decided to build a dam in its place. The villagers all band together and stop the dam project from being completed, with the exception of a few supporters. Afterward, the supporters of the dam project are killed off one by one by a serial killer. After all of the supporters have been killed off, the entire town is killed in a disaster, and the dam project goes through soon after.

I was wondering, does this story have a real root somewhere in history or a novel or something, or is it just a total copy of Higurashi?

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 pm

@Ishbalan - that's not Princess Resurrection,they've got the title wrong! "Kaibutsu Oujo" means "Monster Princess".

-----
I can't wait for the 15th episode O.O
Spoiler :
Will all of them now remember their past,just as Rika?
Uhh,I'm all excited XD
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Princess Resurrection is what it is titled on wikipedia. The full title is Princess Resurrection: Kaibutsu Oujo, literally Princess Resurrection: Monster Princess. It actually has both names in the title. It is retarded, I know, but so is the anime. That's not the point though. Will someone please seriously answer my question.

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm

I've been searching trough net for few hours,but couldn't find nothing :|
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:17 pm

it's not my problem and i don't care either way, but seeing as rapt seems to be involved then i'd point out that you should post your sources of information
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:32 am

Ok,with ep18 I believe we enter the final stage of the arc.It's amazing how every one of the last episodes solved each one of the mysteries that have been created through the 1st season.All the endings of 1st season,Satoshi's secret,Takano's past - all seem to be understood now.
This anime really resembles a well planned and with a good plot thriller and therefore thumbs up for this marvellous show...

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Is anyone still watching this series? :? :?

Anyway,ep21 is out and the conclusion has just begun...

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Is anyone still watching this series? :? :?
The groups I was following were getting horrifically delayed, and I didn't like changing to different groups so I pretty much put this into hiatus.

Yeah, I'm that anal. :roll:
ImageImage

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 am

~Hauu and anoni are usually never more than 2 or 3 days after-release, ~Hauu with decent subs, not sure about anoni. ~Hauu is at episode 21 already.

It's become quite fun actually. In the latest episode, these have heated up a bit.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:13 am

angelx03 wrote:
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Is anyone still watching this series? :? :?
The groups I was following were getting horrifically delayed, and I didn't like changing to different groups so I pretty much put this into hiatus.

Yeah, I'm that anal. :roll:
Well,I am also thinking in this way most times but given the situation with the fansub groups,I have a bit of everything.9 episodes from Ayu,3 from Wind and the rest(13-21) from Hauu.
I prefer Ayu but their speed is horrible.I also have some problems with mkv so I prefer Wind over Hauu but after ep13 there is only Hauu and Philanthropy and Hauu has by far best visual quality.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”