Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Episode 13......WHAT THE FU**ING SHIT JUST HAPPENED HERE?!!! :shock: :shock:
Talk about a depressing ending! The entire town got killed off except Keiichi. Could it be a cause of Satoko's accidental vandelism of the Oyashiro statue?

But poor Keiichi who tried and failed to protect Satoko in the end! :cry:
Next episode starts the Himatsubushi-hen chapter which is the last of the Question arc
ImageImage

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:02 pm

naw seriously
blah wrote:Keiichi must be insane if he's gonna walk around with that ax. And when he found Rika's body... :shock: :( , you know there's gonna be some misunderstanding there if he's still got that ax, and especially when he starts swinging it around like that at the birds.

but yeah, everyone but him dying was crazy

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:17 am

Episode 14
spoiler wrote:hmm. yeah, my attention span kept being very short while watching this entire ep, though.. seems like Rika is doing the whole freaky personality posession thing this time. weird

It seems like Akasaka's gonna be in a bind with the three families looking for him..

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:43 am

Makes you wonder though. Could all of this and what happened in the past chapters all been the Three Families' doing? The chapter that's on presently, the Himatsubushi-hen certainly fits to the fact there is some head hancho involved and not something supernatural. :roll:

Just to note, this chapter is a prequel of the first 3 chapters of the Question arc.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:10 pm

Whoa!!! Episode 15 especially the second half has brought an excellent amount of information.
Seems like Rika pretty much predicted the upcoming deaths that'll occur in the next few years which shaped up the other chapters of the Question arc. Also the second half pretty much concentrated on the aftermath of the when the villiage got annilatated from the gas leak. Now we know where Ooishi went after the Tatarigoroshi chapter (episodes 9-13). :D
This episode puts the end of the Himatsubushi chapter AND the Question arc. Next week is the arc we've all been waiting for....the Answer arc starting with the Meakashi chapter. According to the Wiki article, this chapter "answers" the stuff that happened in the Watanagashi chapter (episodes 5-8).
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:33 pm

Ahhh, episode 16 the Meakashi chapter which starts the long awaited Answer arc!!! :P
Hmmm, so Mion and Shion are very close to each other to a point where Mion allowed Shion to impersonate her in order to protect Shion. Man, Shion left one hell of a mess when dealing with the affairs with Satoshi and Satoko. :roll:

I wonder when there will be the time where the twins of Mion and Shion are revealed. And poor Satoko!!! :cry:
Just to note, this episode happened BEFORE Keiichi moved in.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Episode 17.....oh shit! 8O
Oh that was just gruesome! :x

The identity of Shion being Mion's twin sister has been exposed since she tried to protect Satoshi, and Mion's family weren't really happy. So they forced her to strap herself into this contraption that removes fingernails. Interestingly enough, Satoshi's aunt got killed, but it wasn't him. Also, he dissappeared without a trace.
You know what, I'm getting a feeling that in the Watanagashi arc,
...it was all of Shion's doing, and Mion is one in that cage.
Though that seems a bit obvious. :roll:
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Episode 18 leave a rather big cliffhanger, and I bet next episode is when...
...Shion will finally snap and do the actions that happened in the Watanagashi arc.
Hmmm, is anyone going to throw in theories about this series? For a rather complex series, I guess I expected more of a discussion in here (probably it's due to laziness perhaps). :roll:
ImageImage

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:14 pm

ya, laziness is one reason, the other is im always one step ahead by watching raws and i rather not give away clues. ^^
i am still watching the series while reading parts of the manga version.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Wow, episode 19 is starting to make a whole lot of sense.
The bottom line is that Shion IS the perpertraitor of what happened in the Watananigashi chapter, and it includes with her impersonating Mion.
Next episode should be the last episode of the Meakeshi chapter.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”