Trinity Blood

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ChezaYumiUsagi
Org Profile

Post by ChezaYumiUsagi » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm

YAY! A Trinity Blood thread! Well I only have the first DVD but my favorite characters are Abel(he's on my wall ^_^) and Ion... why must I have crushes on vampires and Crunisks? :oops: :cry:

Chicken993_4eva
Org Profile

Post by Chicken993_4eva » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 pm

ChezaYumiUsagi wrote:YAY! A Trinity Blood thread! Well I only have the first DVD but my favorite characters are Abel(he's on my wall ^_^) and Ion... why must I have crushes on vampires and Crunisks? :oops: :cry:
Abel rules. What about what's his name... Gunslinger or whatever that android. He rules.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 pm

After seeing all the episodes on Adult Swim, I have to say there are only 2 things this show has it going:

- the pretty visuals thanks to Gonzo (animation on the other hand...:roll:)

- the EXTREMELY KICKASS English dub done by FUNimation. Seriously, this has to be one of their best works up to date, completely obliterating the original Japanese performances.

Other than that, obviously there's much more to the story (which is too bad the original author died before this anime was made). And is it just me or does anyone think this show would have been much better if they made Ester THE main character since she got one hell of a development throughout the series. :|
ImageImage

garhunt05
Org Profile

Post by garhunt05 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 pm

I would like to see how it finnally ended that ending was too abrupt.
If you want a series to be longer just write fanfiction!(but don't make anyone read it)

ava_callahan
Org Profile

Post by ava_callahan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:22 am

I really liked this anime. In fact, I'd place it amongst my top three favourite shows. I don't really see what people are complaining about, with regard to lack of originality and lack of depth. It's difficult to create a truly original character, you have to draw your influences from somewhere. I'd even hazard a sweeping generalisation and say that there really are no original characters, but there are ways to make characters appear fresh. The only characters I really felt were stilted, if not plan annoying were Catarina [stilted], and Francesco [annoying]. As for a lack of depth, I'd disagree with this idea, because even though the show is a little flaky in parts, it's story is quite gripping, albeit seemingly unfinished.

I was a little annoyed with how they ended it. I wanted to see more of what was going to happen next. >_> Well, I suppose I'll just have to read the novels then.

RagnarokEnd
Org Profile

Post by RagnarokEnd » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:37 pm

ava_callahan wrote:I don't really see what people are complaining about, with regard to lack of originality and lack of depth.
If you haven't seen Trigun then you might not get this. People often harp on how similar the two are (much like the Evangelion/RahXephon debate). It's just personal opinon whether or not you think one's too close to the other. Personally I liked how Trinity Blood used the Vadican Church.
ava_callahan wrote:I was a little annoyed with how they ended it. I wanted to see more of what was going to happen next.
That's because the mangaka (author) of the original manga died before he could finish it. So rather than try and make up an ending that may or may not have been what the original mangaka had in mind, they simply ended the series.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”