Black Cat

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Black Cat

Post by paizuri » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:37 pm

This is the official Black Cat discussion thread.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:32 pm

Ah, here's an anime series based on a rather long manga series which is part of Shonen Jump. Normally, those type of series I rather on TV than on fansubs. Though for some reason Gonzo's adaptation to Black Cat made it rather addicting. Their art direction is what really attracted me since they imployed techniques that's similar to Soultaker and (to a certain extent) Petite Cossette; they utilize different color hues on characters and weird-ass camera angles on particular scenes. Of course they don't ridiculiously abuse them so there are some normal scenes as well.

The first 6 episodes mostly dealt with Train (who's at first a loner) coming in terms with himself thanks that real cutie Sweeper named Saya. Also it deals with Eve (who has the ability to form her own weapons within herself), and how she's coping to the real world thanks to another Sweeper named Sven.
Episode 7 is where everything changes perspective-wise and that's where Creed killed Saya for making Train too soft. Hell, I find Creed one the most horrifically insane enemy since he's always obsessed with Train going berserk. I still hate the fact that Saya got killed off too early in the series.
After that event is where the series gets a bit episodic though the most recent episode released (which is episode 12) where it's somewhat a 2 vs. 1 battle; Train and his Sweeper gang and the 3 Chronos members going against Creed and his flunkies. It was a pretty awesome experience.
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:59 pm

And, doh, urge to hump Eve and Rinse, rising...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

psoh
Org Profile

Post by psoh » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:28 am

Mh...
I've read 3 Mangas of them...
And I like it.
I dunno... dvd's are expensive. ^^

NoonHeart
Org Profile

Post by NoonHeart » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:57 am

I agree. DVDs are too expensive, but that won't stop me from veiwing anime type versions of my favorite manga series! :D

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:26 am

Episode 13. Ahhh, Kyouko! Her obsession towards Train has reached to a new level of hilarity! :lol:

But don't count on it being a filler episode though! :wink:
Because of her love, she and that guy with the tall top hat quit being the Apostles. And this series has gone DBGT; after Train got hit by a bullet that supposed to change his DNA completely, he ended up changing into a kid. It seems like next episode Eve is going to have some "fun" with this development. :twisted:
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:43 am

Rinse needs more screen time. Eve needs more fight time. She's my favorite loli [well not really] character in anime thus far.

Ichigo Morino from Please Teacher would work, but she's actually legal... :shock:

And after looking on Shana, and then back to Eve, who's blonde but VERY smart/mature look contrasts stronger vs. Shana's little hissy-fit priss attitude has Eve in my book for the MOST HOTTIE psuedo-loli in anime today...

[the fact that Eve has what resembles to be a b or c-cup bust kinda helps, A LOT...]
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:34 pm

The fact that Eve said that Train must obey his big sister (which is herself) in the episode preview seriously had me in stitches! :lol:

I want to know what devious plans she has in store for kid Train! Something tells me she always wanted to control him.
8-)
ImageImage

TiltedHaloPs44
Org Profile

Post by TiltedHaloPs44 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:43 am

I'm sad when I hear about Black Cat. For the longest time I was only able to find some scanlations of the series even though I adore it. The style and story are very awesome.

When I actually saw some of the anime, I squeeled in delight. Tis a very cool series but doesn't seem to be the longest. Not that I'm complaining.
<insert spiffy banner here>
My halo is only supported by my horns.
Tilty is: Meh, I'll update this, eventually...

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:37 am

For those who have gone beyond the current episodes (via manga, if it is close to the show):
Does this series continue it's weird flip flops from silly to serious, and settle down into a style at some point?

I might be alone on this.. but I really liked that little snipped of song that Saya sang at the beginning of one of the early episodes. I wonder if it'll be on the ost.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”