Black Cat

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:20 am

And now with the new arc Gonzo has completely made up (which is your usual end-of-the-world with the usage of a cute girl a.k.a. Eve), I can predict that LOTS of people (whether they're old friends or foes) will be working together in one huge final battle consisting of stills and trippy color hues! :lol:
ImageImage

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:56 pm

angelx03 wrote::shock:

Whoa, that actually happened in the manga?! I believe they loosely followed the manga up until the final battle with Creed. I believe the new stuff they just started with Eve it's all of Gonzo's doing.
could be spoilers wrote:Heck, some people were complaining that Train didn't get to learn some sort of Railgun attack or Sven getting an upgrade on his eye.

Now about that stuff you mentioned about Eve being competitive, I don't think they covered that in the anime. I think the producers are going for the "romantic" relationship between her and Sven.
Spoilers wrote:
Yea he did get a rail gun, One of train's people shot him with a nanomachine bullet that made him shrink. He learns to control his power and make himself big again, but it generates a side effect of static electricity that collects in his orihalcum gun to create the rail gun. not sure on the upgrade Sven's though. Last i read, Eve was getting realy good with her powers and can materialize various weapons she uses freaquently, that she made up using her imagination in conjunction to what she read in all those books she keeps reading ;p The last chapter I read (wich was a while ago) , they were fighting the apostle of the stars directly at their main base, each got seperated and had to fight an enemy alone. Eve was awesome ;p

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Episode 22! Well, all I'm going to say it's one of those episodes where's it's mostly setting for the absolute final battle with mostly everyone we came to know being involved (which indeed left a rather evil cliffhanger). :x

This series and the final arc are just so much fun; I'm loving it! 8-)
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:54 am

Final episode....no spoilers for you!!! :o

It was a very fun watch though.

Well, I'll say this, Gonzo took a Shounen Jump series and did stuff no other studio would ever do which is the following:

1.) Wierd-ass scene cuts of the future scene mixed in with the present.

2.) Even for Gonzo's standards, the animation was ridiculously cheap. Seems they're going for the "Soultaker" approach and just use funky color hues and still images.

3.) Fight scenes that could take up more than 3 episodes actually lasts one episode which led to faster plot progression (and if Gonzo followed the manga religiously, no doubt Black Cat would have last more than 23 episodes).

So basically, they took out most of the main elements that occurs a lot in other shounen action series and stick mostly to the main plot points in the manga. Plus they created their own arc in order to get every character involved and noticed into one huge battle (which is an awesome treat; something that's very rare to see). Plus the good points are that Train, Sven, and Eve got a great amout of development (Rinslet got seriously shafted as now being a total side/supporting character). And the music from Taku Iwasaki really makes up the lack of animation; it flat out rocks!

Great series! Anyone who's getting tired of those drawn out shounen action series with the same cliches should definetely check this one out. :P
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:50 pm

MUST VIEW FINAL EP!!!

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:38 pm

Huh?! How is it done already? Aren't there like a crap load of manga chapters or something or did they skip alot of stuff? I thought this anime would be at least 50 episodes.

Kuro Neko Hikari
Org Profile

Post by Kuro Neko Hikari » Sat May 06, 2006 11:56 am

I am a fan of the manga mainly but how many anime eppisodes are there?
I wish I could fly to the sky with my love forever.
Avatar made by:Tenshi K. Tama (Thank you meow!)

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:59 am

Kuro Neko Hikari wrote:I am a fan of the manga mainly but how many anime eppisodes are there?
Only 23 episodes. Gonzo was able to cover most of the major plot points in the manga and ended it with their own plot. Your mileage will vary though. :roll:
ImageImage

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 am

I just finished watching the last episode. I like the way it ended although I thougth the series would be alot longer. Damn Gonzo!!
spoilers wrote:I like the last scene where it shows Train walking to wherever after leaving everyone. Outta nowhere you see Saya walking too and they just pass each other. My mouth was just wide open......shit! I hate when Gonzo does that crap to me "reminds me of the Gantz days"

UnseenDeath
Org Profile

Post by UnseenDeath » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:38 am

well i really liked the manga but its really making me mad that i cant find the anime. i heard some seriesly good things about it but im retarded and cant find it any were
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have.We want to stop reading magazines. Stop watching T.V. Stop caring about Hollywood. But we're addicted to the things we hate

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”