Fate/Stay Night

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:05 am

angelx03 wrote:
Kalium wrote:
OmniStrata wrote:UNLIMITED MAID WORKS...
Fate-Stay Night meets Black Lagoon...
Now that's hardcore! :shock:

Man, I need to find more translated versions of the Fate/stay night doujin made by the Crazy Clover Club. The ones starring chibi-Saber is freakin' cute! 8-)
send me a pm on aim for it if you can :) CCC make good h and non-h doujins...

:lol:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:32 am

All right some news pertaining to Geneon's release of Fate/stay night! :D

According to here, the first volume will be released on 11/14. Also the English dub will be done by Bang Zoom! Entertainment.

All in favor of Michelle Ruff doing the voice of Saber, and giving her a British accent, say I!!! 8-)
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:50 am

angelx03 wrote:All right some news pertaining to Geneon's release of Fate/stay night! :D

According to here, the first volume will be released on 11/14. Also the English dub will be done by Bang Zoom! Entertainment.

All in favor of Michelle Ruff doing the voice of Saber, and giving her a British accent, say I!!! 8-)
Aye...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

greenrider85
Org Profile

Post by greenrider85 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:45 pm

the ending wasn't as good to me as the rest of the series was i guess it was better that way though at least he can remember his times with her ...

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:09 pm

oh... do watch the amv http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=122858 when it comes out i have a fate/stay night track that is pretty well done ^^

InuyashaMaster
Org Profile

Post by InuyashaMaster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:34 am

Psh, I don't want FSN to come to the US, the chances are high that it will be ruined, like alot of anime :(. Owell, at least I still have the FSN game and all its worth of information that only a few others know :)
The Heaven's Feel scenario is awesome ^^, some good CGs used.
All in all, the series itself was good, thought they constantly tried to implement things from the other scenarios and it only raised more questions... Hehe, everyone over to FSN.org!!!! ^^
"What an abominable woman you are...defying me until the end, eh? But I shall allow it, there are things that are beautiful because one cannot possess them" - Gilgamesh

InuyashaMaster
Org Profile

Post by InuyashaMaster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:45 am

Well, I didn't see an "Edit" button, sorry for the double post.
Bakadeshi wrote:
AthenAltena wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote: Another reeason is correct me if i;m wrong, but
As explained in Eps 22, its because her scabard is in him is why he can use the trace ability in the first place, despite not being a real magician. without the scabard, he'd just be a normal guy.
I'm not positive on this, but...
I think his trace ability is not the result of Avalon but just happens to be something he can do well. I don't recall anything specifically saying that the tracing ability was because of Avalon or not.
Yea I rewatched the episode, and
It says its the source of his Autoregeneration ability, and that as an Icomplete magician, he needed it as a catalyst in order to summon her, so its quite posible that that is his own ability.

Notice that when he traced it in episode 21 though, he used all of the mana paths instead of the usual 1 or 2 that he normally uses to trace with. I wonder if that has any significance....
WARNING, SPOILERS FROM GAME
His autoregeneration is due to Avalon and is the catalyst he needed to summon Saber. His Tracing ability is his own and is not influenced by Avalon. Also, he has another ability called Imaging. This is not to be confused with Tracing as Tracing recreates objects that already exist, Imaging creates objects from his imagination. All of the swords and weapons he traces/images are recorded in his Unlimited Blade Works. The fact that he used all of his mana circuits to trace Avalon is because it isn't a weapon. Armors and such require MUCH MUCH more mana to trace than weapons. Also, tracing something as powerful as Avalon increased the need for mana even more and forcefully opened his circuits. This was actually a dangerous move in that he could have blown out his arm and circuits. Now, Shirou himself could probably never pull off UBW because: 1. He doesn't have enough mana to do so. and 2. He doesn't know he can use it. The only reason he could due it in the UBW scenario is because when he fought with Archer, his memories were transfered into Shirou, and Rin also established a mana connection with Shirou to siphon mana.
"What an abominable woman you are...defying me until the end, eh? But I shall allow it, there are things that are beautiful because one cannot possess them" - Gilgamesh

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:40 am

InuyashaMaster wrote:Psh, I don't want FSN to come to the US, the chances are high that it will be ruined, like alot of anime :(.
That is full of bull! :?

Geneon knows that Fate/stay night will bring in good sales (hell, why else would they license this series BEFORE its initial broadcast in Japan) so it'll be foolish for them to wreak it ala "4Kids style". Besides I rather not pay $50+ on measly 2 episodes with no English dub and subs.
ImageImage

doughboy
Org Profile

Post by doughboy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:58 pm

angelx03 wrote:Besides I rather not pay $50+ on measly 2 episodes with no English dub and subs.
It's actually 3 episodes per disc. :P

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:05 pm

Oh good God, can't they just leave it @ 4 eps per disc like Ghost in the Shell TV? WTF?! :evil:

I can see why some companies would want to just 'milk' out a series if it's only 12 eps and then force it to 3 eps per volume to make it 4 volumes at around 15-20 [it BETTER BE THAT MUCH IN USD$$]

But if it's 20+ eps and you're going for 3 per dvd, then you're just being a greedy bastard...

Imagine Naruto and Inuyasha... YIKES...

Best deals I've seen are the saga packs like Virtua Fighter and Zenki. Sure it's not the best or the new but for $48, you get SEVERAL HOURS worth of anime... They're not even that bad and my friends who've seen the other video games - turned - anime agree that VF TV is great since it doesn't take itself too seriously... [Street Fighter and such, how you FAILED ME!!! ;_;]

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”