Bincho-tan

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Bincho-tan

Post by angelx03 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:49 pm

You put it on your head and look fu***ing cute, duh! :o

Well that's what Binchou-tan did in this upcoming new series Binchou-tan. From the creators of the action-packed series, Rurouni Kenshin and Getbackers, comes this really adorable slice of life series of Binchou-tan and her everyday life! Well that's what I got from the first episode preview of which can be obtained here:

http://www.animate.tv/asx/bintyou01_500.asx

There's not much dialouge in the episode so you should be able to understand most of the plot without subtitles. Not to mention that Taku Iwasaki is doing the music and so far it's beautiful and relaxing, and it helped moved the scenes nicely. Definetely going to check this out once it's premiered and when I need to relieve my stress.

[paizuri: Shanghai'd this thread from General Anime. This is to be the official discussion thread for this series.]
ImageImage

Swiftling
Org Profile

Post by Swiftling » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:42 am

Hmm I'm not so sure about this one. It looks good with the individual frames, but it seems a bit jumpy when it goes from frame to frame. Also if its classified as comedy... where's the comedy?

It's hard to tell from just that, I guess I'll give it a shot. (even though it's probably not up my alley)

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:08 am

Swiftling wrote:Hmm I'm not so sure about this one. It looks good with the individual frames, but it seems a bit jumpy when it goes from frame to frame.
Be aware that episode link I posted allows you to stream it so considering the internet traffic you might get a smooth quality or jumpy quality.
ImageImage

sayain0
Org Profile

Post by sayain0 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:27 am

btw ... whats the charcoal for????????
this guy, won't go down without a fight ...

Swiftling
Org Profile

Post by Swiftling » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:29 am

You know, that's a good question. I assumed it was something relating to Japanese culture, but I'm not sure... :?

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:32 am

I assume it just make the girl look cuter, thus baiting in the fanboys (though girls can watch it too) into watching it and buy the ridiculious number of its merchandise. It's the myterious concept of MOE! :o
ImageImage

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:36 am

angelx03 wrote:It's the myterious concept of MOE! :o
What definition of "MOE" are we talking about here?
Moé (萌え pronounced mo-EH, literally 'budding', as with a plant) is a Japanese slang word originally referring to fetish for or love for female characters in video games or anime and manga.
Others believe that it was a wordplay on "to burn" (燃える moeru), figuratively interpreted as "to burn with passion" (in other words, to be madly in love)
Watch Comic Party.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:00 pm

Now that the first episode is fansubbed, I guess I understood some of the stuff much better in this episode. Nonetheless, this amount of cuteness will be a death of me once again like Bottle Fairy! :x :oops:
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:11 am

Even though not much was going on besides Bincho being ridiculously adorable, I find myself eagerly awaiting the next episode...

yay? :/
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:29 pm

Gah!!! Too cute!!!!! :x :oops:

Few moments that happened in episode 2 (and they're not spoilers since (1) it's better when you see it, (2) there's basically no arching plot so you're not missing much):

1.) Binchou-tan's riding the "bus"

2.) Binchou-tan's trying to squeeze in getting weird ass odd jobs.

3.) Binchou-tan's doing weird ass odd jobs.

4.) Binchou-tan's panty shopping?!!! :shock:

5.) Binchou-tan has some weird ass dreams about frogs, rice, and that brown thing of which I forgot its name.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”