Strawberry Panic

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:22 pm

For some reason it didn't affect me at all. It wasn't some freak accident. It wasn't mindblowingly shocking. It was natural. They moved awfully fast though. I would like to see the next episode though. Tamao's story.

Richard J.
Org Profile

Post by Richard J. » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:43 am

lilgumba wrote:For some reason it didn't affect me at all. It wasn't some freak accident. It wasn't mindblowingly shocking. It was natural. They moved awfully fast though. I would like to see the next episode though. Tamao's story.
I agree with everything you said except the part about moving fast.
spoilers wrote:Maybe I didn't follow correctly, but I got the impression that Kaori knew she wasn't going to be live to see graduation from the beginning. She was definately aware of how unlikely it was given what she said when she, Shizuma, and Miyuki were watching the stars about not being around in three years to see the comet.

If you already know you're going to die young, there really isn't a reason to go slowly in a relationship. Plus, she and Shizuma connected almost instantly, practically seemed like love at first sight. The change Shizuma brought out in Kaori was heart-breaking to watch when you knew she was going to die. She started out so depressed and then became so happy.

I wasn't surprised at all that Kaori and Shizuma's relationship moved so fast.

I was much more surprised that Kaori TOLD Miyuki what happened between her and Shizuma. (Considering this flashback is supposedly only what Miyuki knew, this implies that Kaori told her everything about that night under the tree! And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same tree where Shizuma and Nagisa first met?)
Also, is it just me or is this series actually getting very dramatic and dark? I'm not complaining, but it almost seems like a different series now than when it started.

I hope this gets licenced some day. Yuri fans deserve something. Yaoi is all over the place so why can't someone licence this?

Oh well. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm very interested in finding out what connection to this whole thing Tamao has. Will this be the episode where she finally tells Nagisa how she feels? Was she in love with Kaori once upon a time?
If only I understood Japanese. . .

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:29 am

You are correct about that tree. (Semi spoilers follow) When Shizuma saw Nagisa it was probably like seeing a ghost. It's probably why she kissed her on the forehead. It would also explain why she made all those vampire advances. I had forgot that Miyuki was telling that story. That time at the tree someone indeed had to tell her. But with those two and their trust with Miyuki I'm not surprized that they told her either. She was more like a spare tire than a third wheel. I still think they went fast but I guess I can see more of the reasoning behind it more now.

Richard J.
Org Profile

Post by Richard J. » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Just got finished watching episode 20
Spoilers wrote:Nagisa is really suffering. :( Shizuma is even more depressed than she was before. :cry: Tamao has a chance! :shock:

It was a little anti-climatic to find out that Tamao isn't connected to the whole thing with Shizuma and Kaori (or at least they aren't revealing it right now if she is) but now I understand her better. She was by herself without a roomate for so long, then Nagisa showed up. It's no wonder she's so dedicated to her.

Kagome continues to prove herself. She read Nagisa's mood perfectly, just like Tamao did.

That scene with Hikari and Yaya was painful. Yaya almost completely destroyed Hikari's trust in her and it shows. I think there's a redemption on the way though. The Evil Yuri Duo is up to something big.

Tamao finally confessed. Was Nagisa really asleep or did she hear?

Personally, I'm hoping that Nagisa and Shizuma will end up together. If it's Nagisa and Tamao, maybe Miyuki will try to heal her friend's broken heart herself.
Well, that's it for my post on episode 20. My only further comment is a big, loud, why can't this get licenced already?
If only I understood Japanese. . .

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:32 pm

Go me! I just finished watching episode 19 (the sexy h.264 encode one, of course), and damn that was depressing! :cry:

Now I have a better idea for the video........ :roll:
Richard J wrote:Well, that's it for my post on episode 20. My only further comment is a big, loud, why can't this get licenced already?
I hear ya! I'm hoping Geneon would get this one only if the sales of Kannaduki no Miko did them justice to license another shoujo-ai series.
ImageImage

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:59 pm

Well hey, I will buy KnM soon (video idea...not like I finished my other one) so maybe I can boost them. I'd personally like Marimite to come over first though. Ep 20 was a bit of a let down after all the speculation but go Tamao! (Poor Yaya.)

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:15 am

Yay! Here's Scene 2:

http://www.yuribou.net/blog/?p=104

Man, the smuttiness and bad dialouge are freakin' hilarious! 8-)
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Oooo, Tamao!
Kissing Nagisa WHILE SHE'S STILL SLEEPING!!! You go girl! :o
Pretty hard episode to get through especially with all the......ANGST!
ImageImage

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:44 pm

I wasn't 100% sure that was what she did but I'll watch it again just to check. Ep 21 finally gives some closure to some things but it opens up more too.

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:54 pm

darn no edit button. i take that last comment back about Tamao. i don't deny it but where is highly speculated.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”