Bleach

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jessface
Org Profile

Post by Jessface » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:48 pm

I have yet to see this series yet...neither manga nor anime. I'm hoping real soon though. It looks quite interesting.

NemuruNeko
Org Profile

Post by NemuruNeko » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:55 am

Jessface wrote:I have yet to see this series yet...neither manga nor anime. I'm hoping real soon though. It looks quite interesting.
O___O *twitchy* Joooiiinnn uuusss... *twitch* (Ehehe, just kidding. Didn't mean to scare anyone^^)
But anyway, point is: yes, it is QUITE interesting (if you skip the fillers), and start reading and/or watching ASAP. >___< We Bleachaholics welcome you with open arms :)
(Though I'd recommend not starting out w/ the dubbed anime & trying the Japanese first. And for manga, I hate to say it but Viz's English adaptation is...er...Yeeeah, so I'd say go for scanlations, at least at first.) Not trying to advocate illegal activities or anything tho'... ;D

Now, back on topic:
OropherZero wrote:theres too much fighting in this arc though ~_~ im keeping up with the manga and it just all seems like fan material with no depth, but thats just me i guess
True, this arc does seem to have lotsa fighting & I'm itching for more plot developments. (Of course, you could veerry easily say SS Arc had loads of fighting too; I can't even count them all)

...At least, at the moment. There have been some amazing li'l mini-arcs up to now, though...
Spoiler :
like the Ruki & Arro thing, or Nel's turn in the spotlight
Plus, it feels like during + after this little set of fights are kinda all a big ramp-up to the major climax(es) and/or plot twist(s) of the HM Arc! Hurrah!
Or maybe I'm just too optimistic^^

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:01 pm

does anyone know if or when it will be airing back on AS?
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Nel is far too cute.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

BigFattyPlus
Org Profile

Post by BigFattyPlus » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm

isudae76 wrote:does anyone know if or when it will be airing back on AS?
Yeah, I wish they would continue it on AS soon. They can take out Samurai Champloo for it, since I, and probably ALL of you, have seen it at least a hundred times. Or better yet, they can take out Boondocks for it, since they show it on Monday's anyway.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you seenseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Well, they cannot simly run a show every week since it probobly takes longer than that to complie an episode together. They have to give the people time to get ahead, so that they don't end up not having an episode ready when its supposed to be aired. Of course, this is all speculation; I don't have any real evidence to support it. It's just a conclusion I reached when I noticed the same trend in Inuyasha a couple years back.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Ishbalan wrote:Well, they cannot simly run a show every week since it probobly takes longer than that to complie an episode together. They have to give the people time to get ahead, so that they don't end up not having an episode ready when its supposed to be aired. Of course, this is all speculation; I don't have any real evidence to support it. It's just a conclusion I reached when I noticed the same trend in Inuyasha a couple years back.

does anyone remember when they first aired DBZ?

god it was so ANNOYING!!!!!

you'd be suffocating your pillow watching vegeta fight gokou or freiza, and then you'd hear

"see you next time, on, DRAGON BALL ZZZZ!!!!!!!"

come back a week later, BOOM!! they were introducing raditz

AHHHH!!!!*blows brains on wall* :evil:
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:59 pm

BigFattyPlus wrote:
isudae76 wrote:does anyone know if or when it will be airing back on AS?
Yeah, I wish they would continue it on AS soon. They can take out Samurai Champloo for it, since I, and probably ALL of you, have seen it at least a hundred times. Or better yet, they can take out Boondocks for it, since they show it on Monday's anyway.
Well, i like the boondocks but all those other anime's can go since ive seen them already. My Lil sis jusst watches the English but its been so long since the last episode she can't remember wat episode it was :lol: i remember clearly thobut watever i keep up with the current arc, besides i bet there wondering wat to do w/ the fillers right after the SS arc.
[Insert Sig <Here>]

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:45 am

Ya know, I kinda doubt anything more they do in the series will ever be better then the soul society arc.
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

NemuruNeko
Org Profile

Post by NemuruNeko » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:16 am

Apparently DeathNote is taking up Bleach's slot b/c they had gotten behing on the dubbing or something, but Bleach will be back once DeathNote has finished airing. (Heard this from official sources--actually, Aizen's voice actor himself now has an account on the BleachAsylum forums! Yes, BA is that awesome; check it out.)

As for the fillers...well...most likely they'll do what they've done with other animes--just grin and bear it, and hope they don't lose too much viewership by showing those godawful things >.>
darthgamer wrote:Ya know, I kinda doubt anything more they do in the series will ever be better then the soul society arc.
Hey, don't write off the rest of Bleach just yet! It's getting better as we speak >.< In fact, besides how this arc seems to be building up to something big/important/cool, the arc that it most likely seems will follow this--dealing with the "winter war" that Yama predicted---will prolly be the final/climactic/major arc of the series, and will likely be better than SS + Hueco Mundo arcs combined.

Shrug. Again, maybe I'm being too optimistic, but...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”