Paradise Kiss

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Paradise Kiss

Post by paizuri » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:13 pm

This is the official Paradise Kiss discussion thread.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:58 pm

Wow! After seeing the first 4 episodes in the naime club, all I have to say is that the OP and ED are seriously the most catchy theme songs I ever heard in a long time (which drives me crazy because I'm starting to forget them; how ironic :lol: ).

In addition to them, I found the premise of the "underground" fashion industry to be very fascinating. Not to mention all the main characters that's presented are pretty realistic and likable (yeah, even that cross-dresser :roll: ). I basically fell in love with the way Madhouse animated this series. The ability to go from calm, realistic moments to ridiculously bizzare moments at such subtleness is such a damn good feat (they probably got experience from working on Daichi's Jubei-chan series since it's basically a similar concept).

Good stuff. I'll definetely keep watching this (and probably check out the manga). :D
ImageImage

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:27 pm

Haven't seen/read any of it yet, but considering how much I love Nana (same author), I'll definitely check it out.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:26 pm

What I wanna know is HOW the hell did Franz Ferdinanz (sp?) got to do Paradise Kiss' ending? It's a big hit in my state, it's always on the radio... oO; And all of my friend's who are the BIG otaku and thus hate anything American/British/Whatever (*coughmoronscough*) actually enjoy it too. XD

But yes!! Apparently it's only a 12 episode series, so I'm interested to see how it'll wrap up.
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:10 pm

After seeing the latest episode, I am starting to wonder where the series is going.
spoiler wrote:It seems like the relationship between Yukari and Gearge might be ill-fated.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Hinano
Org Profile

Post by Hinano » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:45 pm

Haha I just saw this week's episode I wouldn't say that :X (referring to the spoiler above ;))

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:29 pm

I already read through the manga several years ago, but the anime is a good adaptation so far. The color scheme they use is pretty interesting and the characters are still basically the same. It's definately a good manga adaptation.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:14 pm

HAHA!

Just watched episode 9.
spoiler wrote: George is so pwnt! Yukari has him wrapped around her finger. It's so cute! OK, so I don't know what's going to happen, but I suppose this could end up having a happy ending. Speculation at this point is probably pointless, though. There's 3 more episodes.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:05 am

Garylisk wrote:
spoiler wrote:It seems like the relationship between Yukari and Gearge might be ill-fated.
spoiler wrote:Heh, yeah. Since we probably all want them to be together, they won't be.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:12 am

OMG! EPISODE 10!

I am speechless at the ending. Good ol' cross-dressing. You never see it coming in anime.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”