Princess Tutu

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Princess Tutu

Post by paizuri » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:44 pm

This is the official Princess Tutu discussion thread.

Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:02 am

Okay! Of course, this is a cutesy anime about a duck who can turn into a girl who then turns into the legendary Princess Tutu! It's ripe with German story telling and BEAUTIFUL ballet pieces.

And though it's mostly for girls, there's ONE slight aspect that'll DEFINTELY appeal to all; Outtakes.

And HOLY SHIT. If you think Kenshin's outtakes were hilarious; Found that Weiss Kruz outtakes were da bomb; Giggled over GTO's outtakes, then you're going to be peeing your pants over these. Has anyone watched the DVDs and know what I'm talking about??

Of course, the series in itself is a great series too!! Ripe with comedy and drama, it's really, really cool. XD
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.

katelynisspecial
Org Profile

Post by katelynisspecial » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:20 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this show is a tad....weird? I got the first episode with my Newtype magazine, and its just not my thing. I mean, their teacher is a perverted cat, for one thing.....

Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:51 pm

XD But that's what makes it so unique! Have you ever really seen an anime like it? I think the staff of the show explained it perfectly, a German story with an anime twist.

I mean, most fables have talking creatures, animals that turn human, princes, and stolen hearts that have to be taken back, y'know? This show kinda ties it all in like a big ballet.

But I will agree. Drosselmeyer is fuckin' PSYCHO.
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.

katelynisspecial
Org Profile

Post by katelynisspecial » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:23 pm

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it, lmao.

It makes sense, going along the fable lines, maybe the next episodes will be better.

I didn't particularly like the drawing style, but the show in itself is alright. I guess I'll just have to see what happens next.

azulmagia
Org Profile

Post by azulmagia » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:32 pm

katelynisspecial wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this show is a tad....weird? I got the first episode with my Newtype magazine, and its just not my thing. I mean, their teacher is a perverted cat, for one thing.....
Yeah, it's weird. But weird anime is good anime, and teachers in anime are supposed to be perverted. If you get the first DVD, you'll see that the story picks up when Mytho gets his heart shards back, and I've heard that the story picks up even more by the middle of the second DVD (which I can't wait to get)

Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 pm

Oh indeedly yes. Once you get to know the characters and their purposes, everything just flies off the handle. ^.^ So when yins get to watch more episodes, come back to here and we can discuss it, no?

awsome1
Org Profile

Post by awsome1 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:40 pm

interesting i will have to check this one out.

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:21 pm

I really like this series personnally, from first appearances it is a cute fluffy silly anime... but not so much later on. I have never met anyone who has seen a large chunk of this series to hate it... most people get put off by the first few episodes, but it gets very good near the end. Not to mention dark. In my mind Princess Tutu is unique and an anime that is well worth seeing and enjoying... one of my all time favourites (hence profile pic.)

Anyone who hasn't see this should.
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”