Girls Bravo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Girls Bravo

Post by paizuri » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:13 pm

This is the official discussion thread for Girls Bravo. This thread will encompass both seasons as the second season is a direct continuation of the first one.

Past threads include:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=46692 (2nd Season, episode 1)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=48361 (2nd Season, episode 2)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=52820 (2nd Season, episode 8)

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:26 pm

Now that both series are done, I'm VERY glad that it's been brought here...

Oddly enough, America, which is infamous for its censorship of like, everything, LOVES bringing anime here and then removing the Japanese censorship.

For example, in Girl's Bravo season I, from the digisubs I've watched, the mist is to the point where you can't see anything...

Saw the first few minutes of Girl's Bravo 1 from my domestic dvd and my eyes bulged like d-cups... :shock:

I also noticed this with DearS. The Japanese watch DearS and Girl's Bravo with misty censorship. It gets licensed, and the companies get all XX on us... :lol:

Girl's Bravo 2nd season however is a midnight runner and is therefore uncensored in origin anyway, thank goodness... :lol:

The final fight in Girl's Bravo 2 is DA BOMB!!! I'm now uncertain which is more anime lovin' for me. Please Teacher or Girl's Bravo... Tied for first place in my love anime book they are... :D
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

nabeshin2k5
Org Profile

Post by nabeshin2k5 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:13 pm

Both seasons are great to watch, but since the purpose of the series is fan-service and such, the plot does suffer a bit. Still, it is decently funny at times.
Visit /Project_Kaname today!

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:02 pm

The dub changes the anime drastically to a more favorable atmosphere I might add...

Ep 1 got me crying after I watched the dub. A true record breaker if I do say so myself... The digisub release didn't have any emotional impact on me as the dub did.

In fact, I've watched all the way up to the 1st ep in Season 2. Domestically, they seemed to have just combined the seasons to make the series one run.

It's got what I like. It's got fanservice, a HEAVIER dose of emotion/character development in the dub, and well, it does what I want a good anime to do, like my amvs, it makes me happy after I watch it...

Damn, h-doujin of this series is short of non-existant... :cry:

Unlike Please Teacher, which pretty much had a realistic sexual tension [and execution], this series is pretty much bereft of all 'actual' sex0rs... But hey, people TRYING to hump each other is funny to see too... :lol:

Little note:

Ep 2 of second season and the FINAL episode have some of THE BEST fight sequences I've seen that I'd compare to Naruto. [with the exception of length. The fights weren't that long, but HOLY SHIT was it kick ass...]

I luv you Kirie!!! :D
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 pm

Season 2 seems a little too full of fanservice to me. It seems like they have ditched all the emotional aspect and character development, and just decided to make it as close to hentai as they can get away with.

But I'll keep watching in hope...
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Samurai Drifter
Org Profile

Post by Samurai Drifter » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:06 pm

Girls Bravo is an amusing series, though I have to say I've seen better plots.
"You are not wrong who deem
that my days have been a dream..."

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:37 am

Well, without saying a spoiler, it turns from 'this ep parody is...' to a nice search-rescue op using the cliche but tried-tested method of having a team sacrifice themselves etc. etc. to save da girl...

Who and what is going on, I'll nevar tell...

But suffice to say, these guys not only had a good budget to work with, but hey, can't one enjoy sillyness without having to feel guilty? :lol:

yukinari_n_kirie_4_eva
Org Profile

Post by yukinari_n_kirie_4_eva » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:07 pm

finally other people who like this anime. :) Who else her likes kirie and yukinari and thinks that kirie really deserves yukinari more than miharu does. Oh and I'm not trying to bash Miharu for anyone who likes her because I like her too but I don't like the Yukinari and Miharu pairing it's a little annoying. For the show overall I liked the first season better, I think the second season did have a lot more fan service than the first season did and there was no character development. I think the show is worth watching atleast once.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:10 pm

wow, long time no see mr. thread! ^_^

Interesting name. Problem with Kirie and Yuki getting it on is that despite Kirie's juicy pillows, she's the epitome of 'girl hate' that Yukinari is unfortunately stuck with.

Looks hot
hits him really freakin' hard
and causes his allergy

So yeah, I think him and Miharu would make better looking kids than him and Kirie, though Kirie is still tasty in my book...

"YOU CAN DO YOUR GROPING... IN HELLL!!!" *wham!!!*

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”