Wolf's Rain

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Yunacat
Org Profile

Post by Yunacat » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:24 pm

Kirara_Kitty wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:Well, everyone has their own interpretation. ^_^ I just see it as a circle of life kinda thing.
Thats the thing I like about this anime. Ending is whatever the viewer interprets it to be, literal or... how should I say it... different? :? Well you get my point.
I agree. That's one thing i really like about the anime too!^^ (and sorta the manga too)

Kirara_Kitty
Org Profile

Post by Kirara_Kitty » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Yunacat wrote:
Kirara_Kitty wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:Well, everyone has their own interpretation. ^_^ I just see it as a circle of life kinda thing.
Thats the thing I like about this anime. Ending is whatever the viewer interprets it to be, literal or... how should I say it... different? :? Well you get my point.
I agree. That's one thing i really like about the anime too!^^ (and sorta the manga too)
I really like this particular anime as well because of its origionality..(sp I think.. lol :roll:)
http://animespiral.com/viewuser.php?uid=29329

-Sometimes I feel like a heer in the deadlights.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:05 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:I checked out the manga, but then after 3 pages I saw it was like IDENTICAL to the anime so I didn't bother.
There are many similarities. I think there's a different side type story in volume 1, but vol two goes in completely different direction, characters switch sides, very confusing.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

Kirara_Kitty
Org Profile

Post by Kirara_Kitty » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:40 pm

pinky75910 wrote:
Cornwiggle wrote:I checked out the manga, but then after 3 pages I saw it was like IDENTICAL to the anime so I didn't bother.
There are many similarities. I think there's a different side type story in volume 1, but vol two goes in completely different direction, characters switch sides, very confusing.
The manga and the anime both start out exactly the same, but they both have their major differences. It just takes about the first chapter for the manga to really branch off of the same storyline as the anime. :roll:

Kelsey Ridnor
Org Profile

Post by Kelsey Ridnor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:30 pm

Out of all aniems I seen, Wolf's Rain has the second worst ending ever next to Chrono Crusades wh ohasthe worst and saddest ending.

In Wolf's Rain everyone dies and they go to this diffrent universe and starts over

In Chrono Crusades the good guys die and the bad guy lives. So it is Good guys loses and bad guys win
Fullmetal Alchemist

Kirara_Kitty
Org Profile

Post by Kirara_Kitty » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:41 pm

Kelsey Ridnor wrote:Out of all aniems I seen, Wolf's Rain has the second worst ending ever next to Chrono Crusades wh ohasthe worst and saddest ending.

In Wolf's Rain everyone dies and they go to this diffrent universe and starts over

In Chrono Crusades the good guys die and the bad guy lives. So it is Good guys loses and bad guys win
Everyone has their opinion, but I think the ending is part of what made this anime so original.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:17 am

How else would you have ended it differently? They all end up at Disneyland and party?
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

ShinySilver
Org Profile

Post by ShinySilver » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:50 pm

I think the ending was great, because it wasn't "the end". It made it so that even though everyone died, they came back in a different life to complete the cycle again. Yes, I creid my eyes out when Toboe died and it's kinda depressing to think that their souls are condemned to repeat similar round (if I understand the ending correctly: I have a badly sublitled Japanese version), but I think that it gives the story it's entire meaning.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:43 pm

I was like - "No Flipping way." I mean Kiba and everyone took twenty shots to the chest already and walked it off. I couldn't believe they really ended an episode like that.

As for the ending, I think they leave it ambigious - you have no idea what'll happen to them. They all have the chance to start over, and look for paradise all over again. I think it's sad they're all separate, and what happened to Blue, or any of the other chars??

rapidfire_689
Org Profile

hmmm

Post by rapidfire_689 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:34 am

i liked the ending, it was totally unexpected, it was clever though how they looped it to the opening scenes, its almost like we all seen paradise to start with, but just didnt realise it, like so many other things. I didn't really think they left it open enough for a sequal though, or even another season, and if they ever did decide to add a movie to the collection, they would have to take a leaf out of bebop and just another 'episode' for lack of a better word. Any way that is my opinion.
Some things are better left unsaid...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”