Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby Blanco22 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:51 pm

I thought the ending was good(way better than the endings of the last 3 series' that I've watched). But it was more open ended than I would have liked.

I guess there are spoilers:
They didn't really tie up the relationship between Yuji and ... either of the girls. Shana confessed her love to Yuji, but Yuji didn't confess back. They held hands while they were walking to what they thought was their death. But then the next day they don't hold hands on the way to school, they don't kiss, nothing! Then they end with Shana arguing with Yoshida. It seems implied that Yuji loves Shana, but since they don't outright say it, it leaves that sliver of doubt in my mind. That's why I think it's open-ended.

All in all, I'm sad that it's finally over . I really love this series, and I can't wait for the movie.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=163061">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=113575">Image</a> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=108979">Image</a>
Blanco22

Postby Bakadeshi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:09 am

Great series. Actually far better than I was expecting. Definate get when Geneon releases this ^^

What was with the mini shana in the bonus(?) episode? haha that was weird.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby angelx03 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:42 pm

Woot, Geneon has plans to solicitate the first volume this September!

AnimeOnDVD wrote:Geneon Entertainment New Title Solicitations (09:54 PM EDT): We got in the early word from Geneon Entertainment tonight for a number of interesting titles and releases coming in late summer:

# Shana Vol. #1 - 100 minutes - $29.98 - 09/05/2006

Now you'll see the power of a cute, badass loli in its awesome DVD visual quality! 8-)

I wonder who's going to dub this? :roll:
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby angelx03 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Good news! Shana-tan RETURNS!!! Bwahaha! :twisted:

Since I watched it raw, the only thing that made me melt was...
...Kazumi was giggling and bouncing her breasts in front of Yuuji. :shock: :oops:

Someone needs to sub this. And Geneon BETTER include this in the DVDs, or else there will be..... :evil:
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby O-Kagachi » Thu May 25, 2006 8:13 pm

A... Penguin? Wtf?

And Hecate in a school girl uniform... score!

:oops:
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby Yunacat » Tue May 30, 2006 10:41 am

Shana looks ALOT like my character, MeRei (especially when she eats melon bread), which is a bit scary. How old is Shana anyway? My character is 13, lol.
Yunacat

Postby Yunacat » Tue May 30, 2006 12:22 pm

Sorry for the double post but i have something to add...

There's a 灼眼のシャナ (Shakugan no Shana) video game.. o_O

http://girlgirl.up.seesaa.net/image/PS2_syana.jpg
Yunacat

Postby angelx03 » Tue May 30, 2006 12:45 pm

Ahh, yes. The Shakugan no Shana video game for the PS2. You can check out the website here:

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/contents/shana/index.php

Supposedly there's a new character that'll put some romantic tension with the main characters. And check out the third pic in this webpage. :oops:
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby angelx03 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:54 pm

Ooooo, check out the purdy DVD cover Geneon made!

First volume will be released on 9/5/06. God, I want this so bad! :cry:
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby O-Kagachi » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:06 pm

You're a pedo and you know it. :p
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby OmniStrata » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:50 am

Chronologically speaking, Shana is several SEVERAL years old, I think, so she's not technically pedo is she?

Kind of like Morino from Please Teacher... Looks pedo, but legal? ah boy...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby angelx03 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:42 pm

:shock:

I checked out CrystalAcids, it seems like Shakugan no Shana will be dubbed by the Ocean Group (if you ask me, I sort of expected a Bang Zoom! dub). Shana will be played by Tabitha St. Germain who is known for (for the pretty much hated female character) Flay Allster from Gundam SEED. It's been awhile since I've seen Gundam SEED, but it seems like a good fit.
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby angelx03 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:21 am

According to Moon Phase, a Shakugan no Shana OVA is being planned.

高橋弥七郎「灼眼のシャナ」OVA化決定。

内容は水着祭りで、舞台は夏の海?脚本は、TVアニメ版第9話『恋と欲望のプールサイド』と同じ白根秀樹氏 。劇場版は2007年春公開予定。

A movie and an OVA?! Man, I'm glad Shakugan no Shana is getting the treatment it deserves. :D

I wonder what the OVA is going to be about.
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby Dark Seraphim » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:22 pm

Blanco22 wrote:I thought the ending was good(way better than the endings of the last 3 series' that I've watched). But it was more open ended than I would have liked.

I guess there are spoilers:
They didn't really tie up the relationship between Yuji and ... either of the girls. Shana confessed her love to Yuji, but Yuji didn't confess back. They held hands while they were walking to what they thought was their death. But then the next day they don't hold hands on the way to school, they don't kiss, nothing! Then they end with Shana arguing with Yoshida. It seems implied that Yuji loves Shana, but since they don't outright say it, it leaves that sliver of doubt in my mind. That's why I think it's open-ended.

All in all, I'm sad that it's finally over . I really love this series, and I can't wait for the movie.

well the reason why they didnt kiss becuz the novels are still progressing so they have a second season with more to the story and.....
balle masque escaped so you know that they gon give a second season
[img:2024ead639]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/dante8/gits.jpg[/img:2024ead639]
Dark Seraphim

Postby Richard J. » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:21 am

angelx03 wrote::shock:

I checked out CrystalAcids, it seems like Shakugan no Shana will be dubbed by the Ocean Group (if you ask me, I sort of expected a Bang Zoom! dub). Shana will be played by Tabitha St. Germain who is known for (for the pretty much hated female character) Flay Allster from Gundam SEED. It's been awhile since I've seen Gundam SEED, but it seems like a good fit.

Hated as in "her voice makes me want to stick ice picks in my ears" or hated as in "geez this character sucks, but at least her english VA rocks."

I haven't seen Gundam SEED so I've never really had any experience with Ms. St. Germain's voice. I would appreciate your opinion on her voice.
If only I understood Japanese. . .
Richard J.

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion