Mew Mew Power

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Auzure
Org Profile

Post by Auzure » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 am

prettysoldiersailormoon wrote:For anyone who cares, likes the English version, and lives in the US, Mew Mew Power is coming back on Dec 24! ^_^ I'm so happy. A lot of people complain that they should've left the names. To people who had never read the manga or seen the original or people who didn't know, the name thing would've been lost on them. It took me awhile to understand. It took me awhile to find out that ichigo means strawberry. Ok I haven't read the manga or seen the original version but if Ichigo is strawberry, and there's Mint, Lettuce and Pudding...then what the hell does Zakuro mean? That's the purple one's Japanese name. It would seem out of place if it didn't mean some kind of food.
I belive it is japanese for pomegranate. (I don't have japanese script enabled on this computer.)

The link below is the translator I used.
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi- ... dic.cgi?1C

Just be sure to check the box next to the keyword box if you use romanji.
Other results for Zakuro are 'garnet' and 'popularity of pomegranates, which contain phytoestrogens.
Please Visit Me, and comment.

Thinking about attending Animethon 13. PM me if you want to talk.

Tenshi K. Tama
Org Profile

Post by Tenshi K. Tama » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:41 am

have u guys noticed the things that happen to ichigo's ears?

once they were both out at the same time.(cat and human ears)and then at some part they were pink!(normaly they're black and the insides are pink)

hoshizora9
Org Profile

Post by hoshizora9 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:03 am

I think this show is just to have a good time when you are bored or when you don`t have anything to do. I know it`s funny and comical but i`m not used anymore to this kind of series( i mean those where every chapter is about the same: fighting enemies), i really think it would be better without the fighting, the monsters and the long eared evil boys, just about the girl`s daily life.
I also have to say that music is better in the japanese version, theOP and ED songs are really catchy and i like them.

And in my personal opinion Sailor Moon is better than tokyo mew mew, the story was more serious and well developed also the characters, besides sailor moon was first and Naoko was the original one.

Superchibi
Org Profile

Post by Superchibi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 am

4kids kind of ruined it...but I respect that you like it. I like Pudding--I mean Kiki.
-Kishu Fangirl

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:14 pm

I just downloaded the entire subbed version from a torrent site everyone knows about, and gotta say I have mixed feelings on the show. Overall I like it. More so for the character interactions than the magical shoujo stuff, infact I find most of the magical aspects of it quite silly and sometimes stupid ;p Especially the chimera monsters. Some things dealing with emotions and such seem a bit rushed at times also, like resolve things way too quickly than they normally wouldve in reality. Attacks are exactly the same and starts to get old after a while. However, I like the characters personalities quite a bit and my favorite is probably pudding also ;p I like Mints transformation sequence though, its cute and eligent.

Even though I see so many faults in the show, for some reason I still find myself wanting to watch more... :shock:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”