Gundam UC

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:21 am

Char and Sayla weren't that old when Zeon Deikun passed on. According to the timelines I've seen, Char (Casval) was about 9, Sayla (Artesia) was around 6.

...Which, in turn, comes to the question of why Char takes it out on all the Zabis:

From the reports by Ramba Ral and Char to Sayla, we learn that, when Zeon Deikun died, the two were adopted by Ramba's father, Jinba. Jinba, apparently a Deikun loyalist, didn't like the Zabi takeover and, thus, raised up Casval hate the Zabis and avenge his father.

Should he have spared them? Maybe...if not Kycillia, then at least Garma.
But, given he'd been raised to believe 'Zabis = bad' ...well...his final words to Garma prettymuch said it all...it was nothing personal, he just happened to have the misfortune to be born a Zabi. If he was going to take vengeance he was going to take it on ALL the Zabis...so if he had to screw over his buddy for being the bloodline, he'd do it.
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:35 pm

wel Char has always been a bastard. hes a goo dvillian. due to the fact he even admits hes a monster at times if i rember.
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:34 pm

He does and he doesn't. He's admitted to a few of his misdeeds (he did feel bad about setting Garma up, for a bit there.)
But more often than not, he's pretty quick to wash his hands (Zeta is when he gets particularly bad with ducking responsibility.
He repeatedly denies who he is so he won't have to take leadership, only stepping up to bat after Brex is murdered. He repeatedly brushes off Reccoa to the point he becomes the main reason for her defecting to the Titans. He leaves the AEUG swaying in the breeze to deal with Haman so he can take to the scene again later with his own Neo-Zeon
etc...etc...)

So yeah...he's capable of having a conscience... ...he just needs to use it more often.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:22 am

ok.. so hes a coward then. he wont step up and do anything. Or he hates responsibility. either way hes a asshole. Conscience or not. I lost th efaith in a conscious when he let that girl die in the counterattack. Amuro should have murdred him.
END OF LINE

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:57 am

In a way, he kind of did. Granted I'm not entirely sure he intended to kill Char when he made the run at Axis, so much as hoped he could one-up him once and for all by having him watch his master plan crumble...nevertheless, Char tried to escape, but Amuro held him in place with Nu Gundam, so both their cockpits' psyco frames overloaded, and the two were killed. ...So, yeah, Amuro DID kill Char, albeit indirectly

As for Quess...Char admitted from the get-go he had no real attachment to her...as far as he was concerned, she was someone reaching out for a father figure, Amuro had failed her in that regard, so when she turned to him, he saw it as a chance to, yet again, get the one-up on Amuro...and the fact Quess turned out to be a stronger Newtype than he was certainly didn't hurt things. For all of his pretending he cared, Quess was always just a tool to him.

Cold? Definitely. But given by that point, his only goal was getting even with Amuro once and for all, he was going to take every advantage he could get, ethics be damned.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:04 am

wel i forgot that.. well its good that amuro died too. ^^ he was so whiney.. if he would hav edone that in 0079 he would have saved alot of story. :D
END OF LINE

Android raptor
Org Profile

Post by Android raptor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:00 am

Must not let thread die!

Anyway, I actually liked Quess. Sure, she IS a spoiled brat, but good God, she's only 13! She's only acting her age!

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 am

Oh freakin crap i wanted to kill Que. Sure she was 13 but I don't think anyone would still act that whiny in the middle of battle? I'm glad she died.

Whoops spoiler for those who never finshed the movie o_o;

Shiro Amada had a interesting personality for a gundam char. He was cocky but not the quiet kind. He was open about it.

Android raptor
Org Profile

Post by Android raptor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:11 am

Ugh, the only thing that keeps me from HATING Shiro is that I find him attractive. Other than that, he is a dumbass that thinks with his hormones rather than his head.

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:24 am

That's why i like him so much. His attitude is annoying but it's actualyl something you would find in a normal person like him. Thinking he can do anything and everything then totally getting owned. They made him as real to life as possible.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”