Elfen Lied

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Eponymuse
Org Profile

Post by Eponymuse » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:07 am

I like and hate the ending at the same time.
It's just .. wow
.__.

Well hopefully there is another season to clear my head up.

Kero777
Org Profile

Post by Kero777 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:32 am

Well, I just finished the series today and also started today (well, technically it's the next day since it's past 2:30 in the morning) and I must say that was amazing! :shock: Great series. I will look more into people's opinions on the ending, but one minor thing is bugging the CRAP out of me from episode 12. It seems like it wasn't explained or my tiredness made me forget about something. Here is what I am wondering:
Spoiler :
In episode 12, how come all the police guarding the road collapsed before Kouta and Nyu got there... who did that to them? Seems like Bando was still in the boat at that time. It wasn't Nyu obviously. It wouldn't be Nana... Did I miss something?
Anyone got a clue? Maybe the manga explains?
Thanks to: Qyot27, Jaddziadax, BasharOfTheAges, Scintilla, Post-It, Anubisx00, Kariudo and everyone else for helping this Newby out! :P

"Hard work is worthless for those that don't believe in themselves." -Naruto Uzumaki

Drelgard
Org Profile

Post by Drelgard » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Kero777 wrote:Well, I just finished the series today and also started today (well, technically it's the next day since it's past 2:30 in the morning) and I must say that was amazing! :shock: Great series. I will look more into people's opinions on the ending, but one minor thing is bugging the CRAP out of me from episode 12. It seems like it wasn't explained or my tiredness made me forget about something. Here is what I am wondering:
Spoiler :
In episode 12, how come all the police guarding the road collapsed before Kouta and Nyu got there... who did that to them? Seems like Bando was still in the boat at that time. It wasn't Nyu obviously. It wouldn't be Nana... Did I miss something?
Anyone got a clue? Maybe the manga explains?
Nana did it since she was there before Kouta and Lucy.

West DM
Org Profile

Post by West DM » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:50 am

Well then add another...masterpiece it is a masterpiece)

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:41 pm

Violent, Horrific, yet interesting anime. Great storyline and beyond normality. My number one bloody anime series ever. The ending made it quite mysterious, but I still like it.

duskull
Org Profile

Post by duskull » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm

so i wonder was that lucy .at the end of the anime

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 pm

I get a annoyed at people who call Elfen Lied a "Hentai". Just having nudity doesn't makeit a hentai. It needs nudity and sex to be the central theme.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Flusel
Org Profile

Post by Flusel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Actually Hentai does not necessary mean nude or sex scenes. It just means something like "abnormal", which also goes for extreme blood scenes. Am I right?

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Flusel wrote:Actually Hentai does not necessary mean nude or sex scenes. It just means something like "abnormal", which also goes for extreme blood scenes. Am I right?
Hentai as a genre is sex. Hentai as a WORD is "abnormal" or pervert.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

clairdelune8
Org Profile

Re: Elfen Lied

Post by clairdelune8 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:39 pm

I agree ! The ending was confusing, yet, we could take on a lot of possibilities on what would happen next. She was the best character, it all sounds too soon to end. :o

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”