Elfen Lied

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Elfen Lied

Post by AimoAio » Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Haha I first saw part of this series in an AMV.When I got to the part with people's bodies splinching and fingers being severed,I decided enough's enough and I didn't even bother watching till the end :(

The AMV alone gave me enough nightmares to last a lifetime,God knows what'll happen if I saw the full series :shock:

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Sun May 17, 2009 4:20 am

AimoAio wrote:Haha I first saw part of this series in an AMV.When I got to the part with people's bodies splinching and fingers being severed,I decided enough's enough and I didn't even bother watching till the end :(

The AMV alone gave me enough nightmares to last a lifetime,God knows what'll happen if I saw the full series :shock:
The amv probably got most of the worst parts. The whole show isnt necessarily like that.
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm

AimoAio wrote:The AMV alone gave me enough nightmares to last a lifetime,God knows what'll happen if I saw the full series :shock:
You would go on a killing spree, then get locked in a padded room for the rest of your life while the men in white coats give you pills that make you happy.

That's assuming, of course, that your head didn't asplode from the epic awesome first.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

yuppa
Org Profile

Re:

Post by yuppa » Fri May 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Hakamichi wrote:
Flusel wrote:Actually Hentai does not necessary mean nude or sex scenes. It just means something like "abnormal", which also goes for extreme blood scenes. Am I right?

The genre you refer to is Guro. I would classify elfen lied as guro. Oh and Yes that was Lucy at the end of it. Its really subtle.
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

Cubasianse7en
Org Profile

Post by Cubasianse7en » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:03 pm

I watched the series in one sitting.

As great of a series it was...it made me throw up. Not because it was gross and body parts were flying everywhere, but because it was VERY intense.

This is one of those shows that I enjoyed...until it was over and I need to feel better.
IMMA FUCKIN' HELLA-COPTA!!!

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:29 pm

I sorta like the manga ending better...
Spoiler :
where kota is forced to kill lucy and then lucy and nyu reincarnate as twin sisters. Only thing bad abt it is that kota doesnt get to end up with lucy since shes like... 12 and hes like 40.

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm

I made my girlfriend watch this. She felt sick afterwards. :lol:
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Mastexzta
Org Profile

Post by Mastexzta » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 am

I actually liked the elfen lied ending until I finaly realised there wont be anymore Elfen lied :( Loved the serie though, IMO the best<3 next to death note

KingOmegaX
Org Profile

Post by KingOmegaX » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Lol I never saw the anime, only read the Manga. You need to read the manga to get the complete story it also goes more into depth about the Diclonius and the nature of them. Also the gore is not as over the top as the anime and it doesn't have as much of a darker tone. Overall I enjoyed it though lol, it was different. :twisted:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”