School Rumble

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

School Rumble

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:05 am

Does school Rumble actually end as retardedly as it did? Is there nothing beyond episode 26, because that was nearly as inconclusive as EoE?
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

taeli
Org Profile

Post by taeli » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:08 am

There's gonna be an OVA, and I think there's rumours of a second series.

The last ep wasn't retarded! I pissed myself lollering at it, it was brilliant! I'd be more than happy with that as just a complete finale.

But oh noes! There was no closure! Go watch Mai Hime if you want something with a fanboy happy ending. :roll:

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:31 am

Gogo Wannabe Fansubs, finish the series please so I can see the episode!

Anyway from what I understand there was no chance of the show having a real ending (unless they pulled one from their asses) due to the manga being too long for it to happen. So... let's just pray for a second season.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:48 am

On a related sidenote, the manga was picked up by Del Rey. For some reason I have it stuck in my mind that the first volume will come out in March 2006, but I can't find where I read that.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:19 pm

paizuri wrote:On a related sidenote, the manga was picked up by Del Rey. For some reason I have it stuck in my mind that the first volume will come out in March 2006, but I can't find where I read that.
You can get it raw at Borders for some reason.

haha school rumble is great
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:23 pm

Posting to unlock this thread.

Poetic_Kaos
Org Profile

Post by Poetic_Kaos » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:46 pm

School Rumble is the best comedy ever, 29 episodes of people trying to confess their love in the most ridiculous ways.

Harima is hilarious, the most macho guy in school running around trying to confess his love to the most clueless girl.

Those last two episodes were ridiculous. The war games turned into such a drama. They mocked all the sappiness in war movies. NOOOOOOO…. don’t die.

They need to release this show on DVD already.
"Kaos is the single most essential element to existence. Without conflict, without struggle, all of creation might as well be so many unmoving, unfeeling stones."

Yunacat
Org Profile

Post by Yunacat » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:04 am

I never got to see the anime, but i really want to. I noticed DelRey got it when i went to go get volume 3-4 in Japanese from Waldenbooks, and they had volume 1 in English in the open there. I already have that one in Japanese, and i can read it, so i'm not in a hurry to pick it up in English ( though DelRey is really good at translating their manga..^^ ) It's a really good series though! I loved the art in the manga too! My favorite character in it is Tenma. XD

Poetic_Kaos
Org Profile

Post by Poetic_Kaos » Sun May 07, 2006 10:24 pm

So, only a few people watch this show? Is it because there is no Rider, Super Sayians, a lack of nudity? Yu Yu Hakusho has gotten more play and that show was like the song that never ended.
"Kaos is the single most essential element to existence. Without conflict, without struggle, all of creation might as well be so many unmoving, unfeeling stones."

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Sun May 07, 2006 11:07 pm

I'm sure plenty watch it, just not many post about it. I do. Lesbians could help the show though. Or the opening from the first season. That was great. This new one is... meh. Nothing special. A accurate summary of the show can be found here.

http://oddsuds.com/tenma.swf
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”