Fruits Basket

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Fruits Basket is great. But it does move a little slowly sometimes. :lol: Shojo manga is notorious for slow-moving plots.
I am a rabid Inuyasha fangirl! Fear me!
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Shoujo also blows things outta proportion all the time.

"If I can't be with you always then I can't date you"

or another fav of mine

"If can't be together if we can't do it with each other"

... oh yeah. Logical thinking they got going on there >.>

Luckily Fruits Basket does not have such characters to pull such lines or imply such things. Probably one reason Fruits Basket is my fav shoujo series XD
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Don't even get me started on Fushigi Yugi.

Get a grip, girl!

It's embarrassing to think that these things are actually written by women. :evil: Girls get a better presentation in shonen.
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 pm

I see you know where my examples were from XD

But I'm happy now. I'm one step closer to understanding how to do the Kaibara High uniform, specifically Uo-chan's since I'm doing her ^____^
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Oh wow. You're really brave. I'm having a hard time just making a simple hakama.

Fushigi Yugi, great start, went down hill fast. (More jumped off the edge of a cliff. Almost wished the cast did.)

devilsmaster
Org Profile

Post by devilsmaster » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

Well, i did not read all replies so don't know what s going here.I just wanna to say that
Fruit Basket is good anime show, i also enjoy reading its manga.
Please visit my blog on
MP4 Videos

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Fruits Basket is a series that will have a special place in every person's heart who has watched it. It's such a touching series.

Whether it be the anime and/ or manga that you read of Fruits Basket, it's all good XD

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 pm

yeah, thats true.

But has anyone noticed that just about every zodiac/main character,
has had a scene where they utterly broke down and cried ?

I'd hate to point this out, and I really do love the series, but isn't NT- sensei pushing it a bit with all those mirrored scenes?

reason I'm wrong>> reason for trying to be right>> reason for failing>> realization>> happy ending?

Thoughts?
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:25 pm

I never found them to be the same.
Yes I know that almost all had moments of breaking down, but at the same time they were all so different or felt different cuz of the reasons, but of course, it all came from the same root, the zodiac curse.

There are really only so many ways you can show a way a person breaks down and besides they all had their stories to tell and even with the manga complete not all of them were told in the series such as the relationship of Ayame and Mine. Takaya-san wanted people to get more of a feel for this couple and how they met, but she never was able to include it in the series.

But what I find more important is how the characters deal with getting over their troubles and moving on and looking towards the future, which is hard to do since they are bond by the curse.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:52 pm

with the manga complete not all
WTF??

ITS OVER????
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”