Fruits Basket

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
nazia_f
Org Profile

Post by nazia_f » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 am

yea, FB is one of the best animes. and i am a big fan of tohruXyuki. they r such a cute couple! but i like Hatori the most. I just love his attitude! :oops:
"Although today is hard to bear, someday it will be a tender memory. If I free everything in my heart, I will learn why I am here, I will learn the joy to be born." ~ FB

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Yukiru forever!!!!
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:20 am

(yes, I am a rabid fruits basket fan-......................BOY!!! yes, I am ashamed)

I CAN"T STAND THIS!!!! WHAT HAPPENS WITH RIN AND THUH FRICKIN CURSE!!!!?????

its driving me up the frickin wall, and I can barely stand the suspence. whats going on with the 18th and 19th(if its out yet) mangas? I've read all but 18,ect,ect

AHHHH*continues wailing like baby*
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Yeah. I'd heard a while ago that there were only 18 volumes in total and then I find out that volume 18 is a too be continued!

I mean, it's great that I get to see more of the great characters, but it's annoying that I still don't know how the curse gets broken.

Though I have some ideas. All of them involve Tohru as the catalyst. I find it very interesting what Shigure said about the curse unravelling. Apparently at this point it's going to break on its own eventually.

But it has to break before spring! So what's Tohru going to do now?

I can't wait!! AAAA!
I am a rabid Inuyasha fangirl! Fear me!
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:09 pm

yes^^ but what if fear is the turn akitos psychosis is going to take from the shock
O.o

its bound to push him(her-ish) to complete insanity

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:56 am

Fruits Basket has 23 volumes so it is coming to a close here in the States soon.
I read the entire series via scanlations. XD
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Ahhhh! And it takes forever for the library to pick up new volumes! I'm going to explode from anticipation!
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

Ryle_Caste
Org Profile

Post by Ryle_Caste » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:25 pm

I remember back then how i was so in love with Fruits Basket and that I watched the series a number of times and then started to post in forums to share and discuss stuffs about Fruits Basket. I'm a certified KyoxTohru fan, btw.

Well, in fairness to the anime, the light romance and soft drama that it had were the elements that got me totally hooked. Also, the mysteriousness in it appealed to me from the very first episode and that I looked forward to how it will develop, then there's the cuteness factor that I can't resist plus the comedy which really added to the anime's greatness.

The manga is great too like the anime? I say no because it'll be an understatement to the manga. heh. But they both have their own merit nonetheless, so I equally like them both.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Brigid wrote:Ahhhh! And it takes forever for the library to pick up new volumes! I'm going to explode from anticipation!
I second that motion. *screams, explodes*

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 pm

:shock:

Must get more manga.

I think one of the things that the manga has that makes it better than the anime is Kureno. And Rin. But more than that I want the manga to show how the curse is broken!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”