Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:54 am

The official website can be found here. You can also watch the trailer of it here.

This is the synopsis someone posted in AnimeOnDVD:
Kikuko Inoue plays Ureshiko/Agnes Bell, a magic-user married to a normal human. Magic-users can perceive and act/exist in both the "real" world and a magical realm called "Wonderland". There are at least two groups of magic-users: those such as Ureshiko who protect Wonderland, and those who want to do a major urban renewal project on it. Ureshiko's marriage is also in trouble because she hides her magical activities from her husband, and she won't let him kiss her. There's a legend that magic-users lose their powers when kissed ...
I guess you can say it's a loose Japanese version of Bewitched, right? :lol:

The director is Hiroshi Nishikiori with animation done by J.C. Staff. Also character designs by Shinya Hasegawa. Basically, the some of the people who worked on the Melody of Oblivion will work on the series. And yes, Kikuko Inoue is playing the main role of the busty magic user! 8-)

Since this is a Media Factory title, fansubs WILL be hard to come by (or never come) ever since that little incident that happened with AS. :?
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Ah, silly me. I forgot post the character designs of the series:

http://www.mahousyoujo.com/about/character.html
ImageImage

Zero1
Org Profile

Re: Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo

Post by Zero1 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:46 pm

angelx03 wrote:The official website can be found here. You can also watch the trailer of it here.

This is the synopsis someone posted in AnimeOnDVD:
Kikuko Inoue plays Ureshiko/Agnes Bell, a magic-user married to a normal human. Magic-users can perceive and act/exist in both the "real" world and a magical realm called "Wonderland". There are at least two groups of magic-users: those such as Ureshiko who protect Wonderland, and those who want to do a major urban renewal project on it. Ureshiko's marriage is also in trouble because she hides her magical activities from her husband, and she won't let him kiss her. There's a legend that magic-users lose their powers when kissed ...
I guess you can say it's a loose Japanese version of Bewitched, right? :lol:

The director is Hiroshi Nishikiori with animation done by J.C. Staff. Also character designs by Shinya Hasegawa. Basically, the some of the people who worked on the Melody of Oblivion will work on the series. And yes, Kikuko Inoue is playing the main role of the busty magic user! 8-)

Since this is a Media Factory title, fansubs WILL be hard to come by (or never come) ever since that little incident that happened with AS. :?
I thought there was something familliar about this when I first saw it a while ago; Belldandy's voice actor and art by the team that did Ikkitousen, though at first the promo art I saw looked like Yoki Amano's, that's what drew my attention.

Shame about media factory, and also ADV having in on Guyver, that's 2 series I've lost out on automatically.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:14 pm

I want Ureshiko...

But Mizuho is probably better... At least, she wasn't married...

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:48 pm

After watching episode 8, there's an interesting development that happened.
It seems like the actual setting is created by the magical girls (which sort of explains Ureshiko's attachment to this "artificial" world). And also that purple-haired nurse is not a former magical girl; she's still a magical girl with an unfortunete tragedy.
I have to say, this series surprised me with its depth. Good stuff! :P
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:28 pm

I hope the physical affection problems get fixed in one way or another...;

[no spoiler]

:p
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”