Negima episode 24 (With spoileriffic synopsis)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Garylisk
Org Profile

Negima episode 24 (With spoileriffic synopsis)

Post by Garylisk » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:05 am

Episode 24 did not give me much hope.. just a lot of mixed feelings. I don't know wether to be utterly depressed or shocked. I just don't know.

Either way, if it continues like this, there needs to be a second season or a really amazing 2 episode finale that ties up, like, billions of loose strings.

Spoilers galore, here we go...

AGAIN, THIS IS SPOILERIFFIC AND SHOULD ONLY BE READY IF YOU WANT STUPENDOUSLY CRAZY NEGIMA SPOILERS! (Or you watched it raw and want to read my slight translation of the episode, minus a few parts.)
spoiler wrote:
Asuna's definitely dead. And gone. No mistaking it. Everyone is sad. The episode begins with scenes from her funeral and cremation. Everyone is down and sad about it, but Negi puts on a strong face in front of the class, and gets them hyped about the culture festival. After the class, he goes to talk to the principal, but he's not there. However, there's a box on his desk. In it is one of the bells from Asuna's head, charred and bent up. Negi sees that and can't keep it in and just falls apart. Like, he literally has a breakdown. He runs to Evangeline's house, bangs her door down til she opens up, and literally DEMANDS that she use her dark magic to bring Asuna back to life. She says no such magic exists, but Negi keeps insisting that if she can't do it, she needs to tell him who can. She still insists that it can't be done, and that Asuna's just gone. Her words: "Magic isn't the same thing as Miracles!" Negi runs off, still in breakdown mode.

Honya and Yue are walking together as per usual. Yue, as usual, is trying to get Honya to get closer to Negi. She tells him to get closer to him, and help him through it. Honya, as usual, is too shy and quiet to even think of doing much of anything. They have a biut more of a conversation that I don't catch much of, and Yue runs ahead.

Negi's on the beach, crying. Kamo is with him, trying to help him, and also eating a bunch of junk food. (Ends up passing out.) and soon Yue arrives, and sees Negi there. She talks to him. Negi says he's blaming himself for Asuna's death and that he feels terrible about it. Yue, in her usual manner, gets straight to the point and yells at him, telling him that it's not his fault. She's gone, and nothing can be done about it. It's nobody's fault. Then she asks if Negi was in love with Asuna. Negi is really unsure how to answer, and it seems like he thinks that maybe he was.

And then, something that we've been expecting the whole series practically... Yue moves in and tries to confess to Negi, but is interrupted by Honya coming up on them. Yue, instead of holding back like she normally would, finally puts her foot down and says it. "I love Negi-Sensei!" and just up and kisses him right there, much to the shock of both Negi and Honya.

That's the end. This is getting to messed up with all these emotions.. it's like.. we have Asuna's death and the mourning of her hanging over us, and yet there's still the feelings of love that can't be escaped from. And I imagine that since Asuna is gone, Yue feels like she has more of a chance with Negi now.
In any case, Episode 25 should be gritty and emotional. I'm all for it! :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”