Gundam Wing

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:17 am

But what if we make those machines into AI? Give them personality and a life and make them into our own image? What if man created a robotic man, and instead sent those out into war?

I think Treize would agree that it would be an act against God and against mankin. Against God because man had recreated his own image into metal to take his place. And against mankind because they've begun to see that life, even if it is artificial, is expandable and has lost all worth.

I mean, even if it is a robot and it's only machine, if humans give it a personality and give it responsibilities, a voice and a mind, and even sometimes think of it as a man, isn't a robot then man?
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:11 pm

well the problem with a AI "man" is this.. eventually a AI will evolve into its own personality. when they do that.. then they will realize that hey why am I? fighting for these stupid humans? then th ewhole war on humnity option come sin to play. and we get wiped out because of a politician with no balls decided to use machines that can think and feel instead of people who can actually die.
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

ZealDarklord
Org Profile

Post by ZealDarklord » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:19 pm

But which would you feel more guilt of:

the destruction of a AI machine with artifical feeling

or

a clone like out of star wars

each is made and each were made to fight

so which you feel the greater remorse for if one died it battle
Can't the end of the road be also thought as the beginning for the journey back.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:33 pm

the AI actually. those clones dont have family bonds.. or personalities other than one. and hes a jerk. BUT the AI's well say it was a AI on th elevel of...Data fron ST:TNG. hes unique. hes a one of a kind.. AS in a clone is a carbon copy. BUT also a AI could be done the same way.. Take a example from the TAchkomas in Stand alone complex. they have seperate personalities to a degree, but share al memories too. SO its hard to love a clone.. but the AI's have my vote. I think the humans got what they deseved in the ANIMATRIX, they way they treated the AI's.
END OF LINE

Tainted_Eden
Org Profile

Post by Tainted_Eden » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:54 pm

I'd feel sorry for both. Both have seperate personalities, both have feelings and emotions, attitudes, connections with each other and people... And they're just being used as desposible soldiers...

Even the clones in Star Wars, although they have a limited mindset of freedom, have personalities 'n at....
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:06 pm

yeah.. but come on.. they are proggrammed SLAVEs slaves are better off dead than continuing to be slaves if there is no ability to get away from their master.
END OF LINE

ZealDarklord
Org Profile

Post by ZealDarklord » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:47 am

Talking about clones has anyone seen Geneshaft, in that the main characters friend had a backup clone or something, and when here friend died she went to meet the clone, but said she wasn't the same as her friend, same genes but not the same person.

So a clones personality doesn't come from its genetic make up but its experiences.

I reckon sending an AI machine to its doom is better than sending a clone. But it also depends on how human like the robot is if it was like a Steel Angel it would be harder.
Can't the end of the road be also thought as the beginning for the journey back.

underworld_princess
Org Profile

Post by underworld_princess » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Either way, once you create something or 'give birth' to an organism. In an indirect way, they fit in the mold of something that has 'access' to the different traits, experciences, tests, emotions, people and personality that a true human is able to come into contact with. In fact, what makes one human? There are so many reasons and hypotheses that state certain criterias that a living thing should fit into, that it makes it quite difficult to determine what really differs between a human and a clone or robot.

Like a child, a clone or robot will learn different things every day of their life. Of course, you can make a schedule, writing down everything it should do or practice or see. But, other than that, the 'scientist' would most likely let it see the outside world, to get accustomed to the people and what can happen in 'life'. To sugar-coat the truth, you're not only lying to yourself, but to the creation you have created.

So either way, it would be cruel to either send a clone or robot to war. Look at the movie, "The Iron Giant". That big hunk of metal actually grew to love and care for the little boy, and felt sadness when he found out that he could return home and had to leave Ogarth behind. I know what you're thinking, people get attached to the people you meet and the things that come through in life, but you don't 'grow' to love someone or care about them. YOU can tell the difference when someone loves and cares about you or not. So can a clone or a robot...once it sees the difference. I mean, you're supposed to know what right is from wrong. And what good is from bad. So, sorry but I have to disagree with you. :)
Beware the Princess of the UnderWorld, mwahahahahahaha....*coughs*. ^_^;

Utorak
Org Profile

Post by Utorak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:01 am

yuppa wrote:well the problem with a AI "man" is this.. eventually a AI will evolve into its own personality. when they do that.. then they will realize that hey why am I? fighting for these stupid humans? then th ewhole war on humnity option come sin to play. and we get wiped out because of a politician with no balls decided to use machines that can think and feel instead of people who can actually die.
Maybe by the time AI develops its own personality we might have reached world peace and disposed all reasons to fight. Maybe AI will not strive to want to hurt like so many movies have done (hmmm oh yeah the Matrix...)
You know that life is immaterial...This is not reality...

Utorak
Org Profile

Post by Utorak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:05 pm

And to be honest... a robot is a robot. A clone is an identical copy of a human. A human is a human. There are huge differences like experiences, pain, love, affection, pleasure, hate, the genetic code of how one should live. The list is endless, not one thing is the same, a clone may be identical to the original host, but it is not the same! Try to understand this because its just like:
Folder
Folder (1)
Folder (2)
Folder (3)
They are identical but not the same!!! It's the same with humans and clones. Robots are just machines...
You know that life is immaterial...This is not reality...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”