FF Advent Children

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Tue May 03, 2005 2:01 am

Umm its been a bit since ive played it..let me think. Lol i cant remember ill get back to you.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Resk
Org Profile

Post by Resk » Tue May 03, 2005 12:07 pm

I will always think of Aeris as Cloud's match. The thing he has with Tifa is more just a really good life-long friendsip than a romance.

But yeah, Cloud is actually the man from Nibelheim, not the clone. Sephiroth tries to confuse him, but just how deep the deception goes, is finally revealed when we see Cloud's flashbacks after the destruction of Mideel.

Although, there are a few loose ends with both stories (clone or not a clone), so it's still kind of hard to determine if that's really 100% true. The game's story leads you to think he's the person and not the clone, but there's enough evidence to support a rational possibility that he is a clone.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:48 pm

yeah thats sounds right :D
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Tue May 03, 2005 5:52 pm

He is a person. He was born in Nibelheim and left to join SOLDIER in his early teens to impress Tifa. After the incident at Nibelheim, he and Zack were experimented on for five years and finally escaped, and Zack was shot and killed. Zack had lent him a SOLDIER uniform, so when Cloud woke up with that on and a damaged memory, he assumed he was part of SOLDIER. . . and basically adopted Zack's identity. Sephiroth tried to mess with his mind and convince him that he was just a clone, but the fact that Tifa also remembers him proves his existence in Nibelheim.

Anyway, back on topic please. . .

Ai no senshi
Org Profile

Post by Ai no senshi » Wed May 04, 2005 2:19 pm

In the movie, do you guys think the man in the wheelchair is Rufus or someone else? According to one theory I read, it IS Rufus because the person with the theory recognized his voice from an anime. (The list of who's doing what voices is posted on that advent children site...)

I think it IS Rufus, because we don't really know if he did die in that explosion or not...
I wonder if he's trying to restart Shinra...(Oh boy! Just what is needed when people are suffering from that Geostigma thing...the world possibly being destoryed again! :roll: )
Speaking of Shinra, I wonder what's up with the Turks in the movie...that would be nuts if they end up joining forces with Cloud & co (to stop those 3 clones...) O_o;

Random thought: Am I the only one who thinks the "walking in flames" scene looks better in the game than for the movie trailers? Sephiroth looks like a woman in that! :? (well...his face does, at least...)
"When you fall down, get back up and pretend nothing happened."--Aino Minako's personal motto
----
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstardust1

Resk
Org Profile

Post by Resk » Wed May 04, 2005 11:00 pm

*spoiler do not read below you have been warned*

The way I understand the story, is that Kadaj and his gang are trying to bring about the Reunion again. Cloud, and Tifa too, are part of a delivery service of some kind. Then, we have the Wheel-chair Man, who is Rufus. Rufus is in dealings with Kadaj, because obviously, Kadaj wants Jenova. Rufus knows where she/it is. So, when Kadaj starts to realise that Rufus isn't going to help him, and that he's just stringing him along, his attitudes chaneg. Rufus hires Cloud and the gang as bodyguards, and sends Reno and Rude with Cloud. Also, Kadaj then summons Bahamut to cause chaos and destruction in Midgar because of Rufus's unwillingness to help him.

As far as the whole geostigma thing that's going on, I've been trying not to spoil that for myself, so I don't know much about how all that is related; at least, not enough to post it here. But, what I said above, is how I interpret Rufus, Cloud, the clones, and the turks, and their interaction and relations.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”