Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase - Episode 12, WTF?!!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase - Episode 12, WTF?!!!

Post by angelx03 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:44 am

Yea, I got curious about this episode so sue me! :opps:

This episode is basically where Kohei's grandpa got kidnapped by Kinkel which practically sets up for the "final" battle with him. There's A LOT of "Soultaker" moments in this episode especially the way the camera angles and the color hues has been used.

There's one serious problem which got the viewers very pissed, and that's during the action scenes. From what I heard, there were some serious budget problems to a point that the director Akiyuki Shinbo has to really go on the cheap. Basically, everytime an action scene takes place like when Seiji attacks using paper spells, the focus is shifted to some still image for a couple seconds WHILE THE ACTION IS STILL GOING ON. It would be a nice technique for a little while, but this episode used that technique ON EVERY ACTION SCENE which results a very choppy looking episode. :?

I really hope the DVD release of this series can fix those because that episode was pretty insulting to the eyes.
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:39 am

I guess. Then again Steel Angel Kurumi used a similar technique using comic book scenes that resemble the Batman [POW] hits but nobody's complaining there.

Hmm, I suppose you're right, but I don't see Tsukuyomi as an action anime on par with say, Sunrise's Mai-Hime. Now that is AN ACTION show.

I wonder. Who's got the most budget for an animation studio today?
I think I'd have to place my money on 3 companies.

Bandai-Visual.
Sunrise
Studio Gonzo

Any other ideas?
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:09 pm

NECROPOST!

My suspicions was right; the animators did went cheap on us. But luckily those changes has been FIXED on the DVD release! :P

You can find the changes here:

http://anime.nekomimi.se/tsuku12/

The screencaps in the left row are the ones that's been broadcasted on TV, and the ones on the right are the caps from the DVD. The changes are very appalling! :shock:

Dammit, I want this series to be licensed!
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Appalling?!

You probably mean "appealing" in this particular case :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:57 pm

You see, this is why I horrifically suck in vocabulary; I just can't choose the right words. :oops:
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:32 pm

omfg...

if what that's shown is true, it's like a whole OTHER episode!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”