His and Her Circumstances.. Final ep (26)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

His and Her Circumstances.. Final ep (26)

Postby Unlimited Rice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:13 pm

so... was that really the ending?...

spoiler wrote:it ended with uh.. Tonami? and Sakura... and Tonami realizes that he loves Sakura.. and that was it? and what.. Tonami just showed up a few eps ago and the whole series ends about them??
Unlimited Rice

Postby Scintilla » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:44 am

Kare Kano probably has the worst ending of any series I've seen, which is a pity, because not only was it such a great series to begin with, but also there was far more material to work with past the stopping point; I personally would love to see it animated.

The manga continues the story far beyond that (and was just finished the other week, actually). Get it. Read it. Love it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Coffee 54 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:18 am

Scintilla wrote:The manga continues the story far beyond that (and was just finished the other week, actually). Get it. Read it. Love it.

How is the ending, good, bad, in between? I'm not asking for spoilers here, I still need to get my hands on the manga, just how much you liked it.
Coffee 54

Postby Scintilla » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 pm

I have no idea -- there've only been up to volume 14 released in the U.S. so far.

The Tsubaki and <s>Toonami</s> Tonami story at the end of the anime marks the beginning of a stretch in which Arima and Yukino are relegated to the back burner for a while; we also learn more about the lives of Maho, Aya, Rika, Tsubasa, and Kazuma. (The Tsubasa/Kazuma story is the longest of the bunch and quite sweet and enjoyable.)

After the side character stories are over, the manga gets into what Masami Tsuda (the manga-ka) calls the "Arima arc" -- more focus on Arima, his past, and the darker side of <s>Sears</s> his personality. Apparently he's finally gotten to the point where he's sick of all the abuse he gets from his family, and he's not going to take it anymore.
Plus his birth mother comes back onto the scene, complicating things quite a bit.
And don't think Asaba and Yukino don't notice Arima changing.

And that's as far as I've read.
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Unlimited Rice » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:30 pm

Scintilla wrote:I have no idea -- there've only been up to volume 14 released in the U.S. so far.

The Tsubaki and <s>Toonami</s> Tonami story at the end of the anime marks the beginning of a stretch in which Arima and Yukino are relegated to the back burner for a while; we also learn more about the lives of Maho, Aya, Rika, Tsubasa, and Kazuma. (The Tsubasa/Kazuma story is the longest of the bunch and quite sweet and enjoyable.)

After the side character stories are over, the manga gets into what Masami Tsuda (the manga-ka) calls the "Arima arc" -- more focus on Arima, his past, and the darker side of <s>Sears</s> his personality. Apparently he's finally gotten to the point where he's sick of all the abuse he gets from his family, and he's not going to take it anymore.
Plus his birth mother comes back onto the scene, complicating things quite a bit.
And don't think Asaba and Yukino don't notice Arima changing.

And that's as far as I've read.

i'll definitely be getting the manga then.. I didn't like how you only see Tsubasa's step bro for like 2 eps.. and then after that Tsubasa has like no importants -_-;
Unlimited Rice

Postby lilgumba » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:39 am

That is interesting. I thought the ending was a bit bogus but at the same time I think the shift of focus reminded me of the begining of the show. It's like the cycle is going around again except this time on a new couple. With that aspect I am not too mad. I would like to see how Yukino and Arima handles this dark side of Arima. Kare Kano is made by Gainax though. They have mind screwed me every anime that I have seen by them so I'm not that surprized by my reaction. I will see if I can check out the manga. A better conclusion would make me appreciate the anime more.
Image Image
lilgumba

Postby Scintilla » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:11 am

lilgumba wrote:I would like to see how Yukino and Arima handles this dark side of Arima. Kare Kano is made by Gainax though. They have mind screwed me every anime that I have seen by them so I'm not that surprized by my reaction.

I guess I should point out that GAiNAX only did the anime adaptation; they had nothing to do with the original manga (by Masami Tsuda). I apologize if I've misunderstood.
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby lilgumba » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:40 pm

I know. That is why at least anime-wise I knew I might not get an ending I would have wanted to see. The manga I am hoping I will like their conclusion whenever I read it.
lilgumba

Postby Tainted_Eden » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:45 am

The sad thing is, I heard that Gainax doesn't wish to finish it off or continue with it or anything. Even though it would be GREAT to check out the rest of the manga animated.

I would have loved to see them handle Arima and how he just kicks so much booty.
Jebadia wrote:My god, there's currently no picture in my arsenal to sum up how retarded your posts are.
Tainted_Eden

Return to Anime Series Discussion