last angelic layer episode

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Akizu
Org Profile

last angelic layer episode

Post by Akizu » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:33 pm

anyone seen the last angelic layer ep^^? i really liked it!

syazana
Org Profile

Post by syazana » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:21 pm

Yeah, I've watched it. It's touching. Finally................
(SPOILER)

Misaki-chii met her mother back. Good for her!

animegothgrl
Org Profile

Re: last angelic layer episode

Post by animegothgrl » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:32 pm

the last episode was touching....

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 am

The whole mother thing was touching, but I couldn't really get into the idea of dolls doing the mortal combat thing as the vehicle. Wouldn't a phone call, or maybe a taxi served a similar purpose?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Zalis
Org Profile

Post by Zalis » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:56 am

I'm glad I didn't watch the preview for the final episode, because seeing Hikaru sprout wings was a wonderful surprise. As far as being emotionally moved, the previous episode was more powerful. . .I'm a guy, and I'll admit that I was in tears for the majority of episode 25.

Kuonchi
Org Profile

Post by Kuonchi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:30 am

It was very nice n.n :o
I like Naruto xD

Scandia
Org Profile

Post by Scandia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm

I loved it.

Angelic Layer is considered to be the only anime better than its preceding manga.

Zalis
Org Profile

better than teh manga??

Post by Zalis » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:11 pm

Interesting, I never knew that. I did glance at the manga one day, and saw that Misaki frequently says "Eesk" in place of the oh-so-cute and endearing "Nyaaah!" sprinkled throughout the anime. That's probably a translation issue, though--there's a scene in Karekano where they display the katakana for "GE!" and have "D'oh" in the onscreeen translations--not just translation, but transculturation, since most of us don't know all the manga sound effect conventions, even if we can read the kana characters.

Legolas2000
Org Profile

Post by Legolas2000 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:24 pm

LOL. I want to read the mangas, regardless of things they may change (although I do hope they don't get carried away). :oops: So far in my experience with Clamp mangas they do a pretty good job. I watched the anime over the summer (renting it DVD by DVD). It was so wonderful. It made me remember when I was a little girl and wanted my dolls and such to come to life. Ah the good old days. Anyway, the anime is the only thing that kept me sane from my job. In my opinion, Clamp is notorious for their good work.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”