last angelic layer episode

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

last angelic layer episode

Postby Akizu » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:33 pm

anyone seen the last angelic layer ep^^? i really liked it!
Akizu

Postby syazana » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:21 pm

Yeah, I've watched it. It's touching. Finally................
(SPOILER)

Misaki-chii met her mother back. Good for her!
syazana

Re: last angelic layer episode

Postby animegothgrl » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:32 pm

the last episode was touching....
animegothgrl

Postby madbunny » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 am

The whole mother thing was touching, but I couldn't really get into the idea of dolls doing the mortal combat thing as the vehicle. Wouldn't a phone call, or maybe a taxi served a similar purpose?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
madbunny

Postby Zalis » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:56 am

I'm glad I didn't watch the preview for the final episode, because seeing Hikaru sprout wings was a wonderful surprise. As far as being emotionally moved, the previous episode was more powerful. . .I'm a guy, and I'll admit that I was in tears for the majority of episode 25.
Zalis

Postby Kuonchi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:30 am

It was very nice n.n :o
I like Naruto xD
Kuonchi

Postby Scandia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm

I loved it.

Angelic Layer is considered to be the only anime better than its preceding manga.
Scandia

better than teh manga??

Postby Zalis » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:11 pm

Interesting, I never knew that. I did glance at the manga one day, and saw that Misaki frequently says "Eesk" in place of the oh-so-cute and endearing "Nyaaah!" sprinkled throughout the anime. That's probably a translation issue, though--there's a scene in Karekano where they display the katakana for "GE!" and have "D'oh" in the onscreeen translations--not just translation, but transculturation, since most of us don't know all the manga sound effect conventions, even if we can read the kana characters.
Zalis

Postby Legolas2000 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:24 pm

LOL. I want to read the mangas, regardless of things they may change (although I do hope they don't get carried away). :oops: So far in my experience with Clamp mangas they do a pretty good job. I watched the anime over the summer (renting it DVD by DVD). It was so wonderful. It made me remember when I was a little girl and wanted my dolls and such to come to life. Ah the good old days. Anyway, the anime is the only thing that kept me sane from my job. In my opinion, Clamp is notorious for their good work.
Legolas2000

Return to Anime Series Discussion