Cowboy Bebop Ballad of Fallen Angels

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
sweetestkuma
Org Profile

Cowboy Bebop Ballad of Fallen Angels

Post by sweetestkuma » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:57 am

Wow I was kind of shocked to not see this in here. This has to be one of the best episodes in the whole series. Just the intensity of everything happening. It is the first time in the series they gives a look into spikes past and has awesome fight scene. We also meet Vicious spikes counter part. So if you havent watched Cowboy Bebop. Go do it do it now.
I already died once, the second time can't be that bad.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:03 am

I have to say, this was my favorite episode of the series. It also included my favorite song of the series, Rain. This song was the perfect setup to the shoot out in the church, which has got to be my favorite shoot out in anime history.

RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!
Org Profile

Post by RedFusionX » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:23 am

I did like this episode, however, most people I talk to agree that they like Waltz for Venus more
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:44 am

RedFusionX wrote:I did like this episode, however, most people I talk to agree that they like Waltz for Venus more
Waltz for Venus clearly has the edge sentimentally over Ballad, Jupiter Jazz 1 and 2 were also great in the drama department. But not nearly enough action in them to qualify as my personal favorites, though Jupiter Jazz gets close.

sweetestkuma
Org Profile

Post by sweetestkuma » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:31 am

I love the scene when he fall sout the window. the music from this episode is definetley the stuff i listen to most when i listen to the soundtracks. but if you guys want sentimentality go for the final episode thats all im saying. ohh how about favourite funny ones like toys in the attic and mushroom samba.
I already died once, the second time can't be that bad.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:04 am

sweetestkuma wrote:ohh how about favourite funny ones like toys in the attic and mushroom samba.
I loved both of those, my favorite funny episode would have to be Cowboy Funk.

Spikebomb00
Org Profile

Post by Spikebomb00 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:05 am

well Ballad of Fallen Angels was definately one of the best in the series. Many websites gave it a 9 out of 10 which is extremely good. And I don't agree with liking Waltz for Venus better but it is good. The best is definately The Real Folk Blues prt. 2[/img]
COWBOY BEBOP
The work. Which will become a genre in itself, will be called...

Kazutaka
Org Profile

Post by Kazutaka » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:59 pm

I will join the masses and admit that this (Ballad of Fallen Angels - a very telling title) is one of my favorite (top 3) eps. This was a real turning point in the series for me. With the introduction of Vicious you get a bit of insight into Spike's motivations and very mysterious past history as well as a wonderful teaser of things to come.
I will also agree that this ep has some of the best music and art of the series to boot!

*I also have to also disagree on Waltz for Venus (a great ep) BUT.. Jupiter Jazz 1 & 2 take it away for me!
"Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing. Visible forms are not inherent in the world but are granted by the act of seeing. Events contain no meaning in themselves only the meaning that the mind imposes on them...yet the world endures,...whether or not the mind exists..."

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 am

Yeah Ballad rocks, awesome fighting..Vicious introduced :D . Would have to say my three fave are Jupiter Jazz 1/2, The very Last Episode, and Ballad. Songs are nice in Ballad and Last one..so they win over Jupiter Jazz.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

LovelyLaura
Org Profile

Post by LovelyLaura » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:45 pm

RAIN is an excellent song I must say....and yeah, the scene where Spike falls and has that flashback is really cool too...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”