Re: Cutie Honey Episode 2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:40 am

WTF, GAINAX?!

This episode seems to be about public's opinion about the existance of Cutie Honey and more into the relationship between Nat-chan and Honey. So in other words, it's almost serious. There's not much random spunky action scenes in this except when it's needed which is in
Not much spoiler, but... wrote:mostly the beginning and the end.
And from what I got from the episode 3 preview,
I think they're pulling another "End of Evangelion" with apocalyptic explosions and screwed up imagery; it's seems the absolute big boss enemy Sister Jill is trying to mind control Honey, and there's a HUGE seed plopped in the middle of the city with clouds surrounding it.
ImageImage

TypicalIdiotFan
Org Profile

Post by TypicalIdiotFan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:58 am

angelx03 wrote:WTF, GAINAX?!

This episode seems to be about public's opinion about the existance of Cutie Honey and more into the relationship between Nat-chan and Honey. So in other words, it's almost serious. There's not much random spunky action scenes in this except when it's needed which is in
Not much spoiler, but... wrote:mostly the beginning and the end.
And from what I got from the episode 3 preview,
I think they're pulling another "End of Evangelion" with apocalyptic explosions and screwed up imagery; it's seems the absolute big boss enemy Sister Jill is trying to mind control Honey, and there's a HUGE seed plopped in the middle of the city with clouds surrounding it.
Eh well, I noticed the dramatic shift to.. drama too. Only thing I can say is that every incarnation of Cutey Honey stays silly for only so long before it actually gets going on the "serious" plot. Gainax probably shouldn't have been so oddball in the first episode, but I loved every second of it regardless.

Gainax has definately taken a very unique approach to Cutie Honey, and I'm not at all disappointed.
-= The Typical Idiot Fan =-
I'm just like you, only smarter.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:08 pm

Yeah, it finally got more interesting. I've never cared for this title but this episode had me intrigued.

dashing_stone
Org Profile

Post by dashing_stone » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:34 am

well, i think its time to come out of the closet......

i've never seen of 1 episode of cutie honey....but by the way you guys make it sound....i think i might give it a shot.....

have they made dvds? or mangas? or....anything?!?!?!?!?!?

THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!

syazana
Org Profile

Post by syazana » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:54 pm

cutie honey, that reminds me one of koda kumi's song the title is also cutie honey.
anyway, can somebody tell me about this anime? just a brief describe would be enough

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”