Berzerk Episode 12

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Berzerk Episode 12

Post by Gepetto » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:21 pm

WTF, is Griffith gay????? I thought he was so cool (he`s even my avatar) but is he homosexual? Gosh, here I was thinking he wanted to get laid with the Princess and I find out that he prostituted himself to a FAT, SENILE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horror of it all...

I can try to live with the fact that he`s bissexual, or that he REEEEEEEEEALLY needed the money and doesn`t do that anymore, but if he is a homo, then I`ll just have to change my avatar. Please, tell me...

P.S.: I am not homophobic or anything of the sort, but I won`t have a gay man as my avatar when Gatsu is straight and just as cool as Griffith.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Bashar
Org Profile

Post by Bashar » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:01 pm

"He was young and needed the money":wink:

Griffith would do almost everything to achieve his goals. This includes sleeping whit a fat old man for money

ZealDarklord
Org Profile

Post by ZealDarklord » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:44 pm

Griffith was also upset by the death of that boy who just wanted to be a knight and Griffith wanted to for fill his dreams any means necessary even if it meant sleeping with that fat bastard he get his own in the end
Can't the end of the road be also thought as the beginning for the journey back.

Evangelion Unit 01
Org Profile

Post by Evangelion Unit 01 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:56 pm

You really shouldn't dislike some one because they are gay, but other than that yes he need the money

In a later episode they meet again and Griffith explains everything you want to know.
I SACRIFICE!

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:39 pm

Come on dude... prostitutes don't usually do it for fun. Griffith did it because he needed the money and because he wanted to make a sacrifice. Remember he sees his soldier die and then he gets into this drastic mood and he feels like he has to accomplish something quickly. So he used the old man to score some money, obviously Griffith doesn't want to be toyed with and sexed by an old aristocrat whom he despises, even if he was gay or bisexual.

But keep in mind the way Griffith gets that drastic mood.... it's an important character trait.

And about the princess.... that's a... well, I shouldn't say anything since you haven't seen the other episodes, but my assumption is that politics is invovled.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Last Spartan
Org Profile

Post by Last Spartan » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:04 pm

Griffith will do anything for his dream. Sleeping with another man is nothing compared to what he does later in the anime. He is determined to get what he wants. Like he said, that man was nothing more than a pebble in his path. I can't say I would have done that though. I would have just had someone kill him an' loot all his money. But that would drastically change the story. :lol:

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:47 am

Don't you worry a thing. Grifith'll get his revenge. :twisted:
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:58 am

Evangelion Unit 01 wrote:You really shouldn't dislike some one because they are gay, but other than that yes he need the money

In a later episode they meet again and Griffith explains everything you want to know.
I don`t dislike him for being gay. I just don`t want a gay avatar or people will think I`m gay. I`m against discrimination of any sort and have many good friends who are gay (male and female alike).

Thank you all, I`ll keep the avatar. Tomorrow I watch episode 13...
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

reservoireddog
Location: Los Angeles, Fullerton, Santa Monica, Venice..you'll usually fine me around there.
Org Profile

Berserk Ending

Post by reservoireddog » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:48 pm

I just saw the entire season last night and I got a say I really hate these open ending animes. Its Like WTF? Just end it already. Save me the time of trying to think of and ending the whole next day.
"I sell drugs to your Honor student, and I knocked up your daughter."

Evangelion Unit 01
Org Profile

Re: Berserk Ending

Post by Evangelion Unit 01 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:00 pm

reservoireddog wrote:I just saw the entire season last night and I got a say I really hate these open ending animes. Its Like WTF? Just end it already. Save me the time of trying to think of and ending the whole next day.
So, true there are so many like that, but just remember that this series does continue in the manga while is 28 volumes long I beleive. That I beleive will explain everything. Four have been released to the US and the fifth is coming out october 13th, plus there is the dreamcast and the PS2 game of berserk (dreamcast one came out here, but not the PS2 yet anyway). Also you can find out what happened on the .net the closing of the ending that is. That's what I did.
I SACRIFICE!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”