lee will die! (naruto)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:27 pm

Of course it's getting DBZish. The Naruto creator (his name escapes me at the moment) got into manga/anime because of DB/DBZ (and Akira, but that's beside the point). You can even see the artistic influence--as early as the Chuunin arc, Rock Lee "goes Saiyin"--his hair raises as he powers up. There's even a part in the manga during the Tsunade arc where Naruto buys an ANBU mask from the vendor--if you look closely enough, there's a DBZ face among the masks.

Any guesses as to how the series is going to end? My speculation is that Naruto will not be the Hokage by the end, but he will clearly be next in line for the job.
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:51 pm

Trident wrote:Any guesses as to how the series is going to end? My speculation is that Naruto will not be the Hokage by the end, but he will clearly be next in line for the job.
I'd be pretty hard for him to get anywhere near Hokage, as far as rank is concerned, unless the characters start aging. Although this anime is no stranger to promting the young, Itachi was an ANBU commander at 12 and Nara just made Chunnin. So I suppose it's a possiblity, and skill wise he'll definitely be up there.

However it ends, it will most likely be open ended, leaving room for a follow up series. Which may not be a bad thing, but isn't necessaraly a good thing.

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:55 pm

If it DOES end up DBZish though, it will have so many episodes that Naruto ageing would have to happen. Plus, with its popularity, a second series would still be a viable option.
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

Masamune_X
Org Profile

Post by Masamune_X » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:14 pm

Feria wrote:If it DOES end up DBZish though, it will have so many episodes that Naruto ageing would have to happen. Plus, with its popularity, a second series would still be a viable option.
I though of that too.N E ways Rock lee wouldn't die he will get better soon.He gets better in the manga and he meets gaara again.but they dont fight.gaara goes against somebody else
Next Project:Kenshin's Battle

Masamune_X
Org Profile

Post by Masamune_X » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:15 pm

Feria wrote:If it DOES end up DBZish though, it will have so many episodes that Naruto ageing would have to happen. Plus, with its popularity, a second series would still be a viable option.
I though of that too.N E ways Rock lee wouldn't die he will get better soon.He gets better in the manga and he meets gaara again.but they dont fight.gaara goes against somebody else
Next Project:Kenshin's Battle

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:07 pm

even with the DBZ influence with the powering up (which i don't really think people have complained about, more like ooo's and ahhh's)
it's still got it's solid complex story and awesome characters and lack of plot-holes...except for the whole kakashi having the sharingan
which, btw, isn't promised to be explained in the naruto movie, only things that have been said are that it will HINT at kakashi's past, but it doesn't have any focus on him

and as far as the naruto manga goes
naruto and sasuke HAVE been powering up like crazy, but it's all well founded, it's nothing out of nothing like WTF!, naruto obviously has this other being within him who out of sheer survival can sorta UPGRADE naruto and sasuke's upgrades are all well founded, we've seen that Lv. 2 curse seal exists and knew it was only a matter of time, and we also saw the Lv. 2 sharingan with Itachi which was a big reason to have Sasuke alive (because of his potential he was spared, so he must live up to this potential within him) so as far as it is right now, i'm happy with it... as long as they don't out of the blue say they have a new attack... because then yes.. i would have to shoot someone :wink:
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:07 am

I'm with you. I've really enjoyed the advancement of the story and the direction the plot has taken, cliches aside. However, the recent group of filler episodes they've been running(the race) are getting on my nerves. Poorly written, and poor fight choreography, the later being a big no no in my book.[/quote]

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:14 am

i've been sticking to the manga, so i have no idea what the heck ur talking about with some race, lol, but i'm happier that way 8-)

although i'm still watching the anime, so i'll eventually get there :?

cliches are fun... though still cliches
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:57 am

Daio Kaji wrote:cliches are fun... though still cliches
Exactly, Naruto vs Sasuke is chiche, but how bad would it suck if they never fought? The series battles leading up to it were also way to cool to be left out.

As to the filler episodes, I'm hoping they get better, and or end soon. That way the anime can start show the battles leading up to Naruto vs Sasuke.

kuroyukiyami
Org Profile

Post by kuroyukiyami » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:52 am

There is no surprise if Lee doesn't die, he's one important supporting character. Anyway, even if he didn't die, I guess he deserved it because what he lacks in looks and abilities, he makes up in his optimism, determination, manners and hard work. I hate where the manga is going to though... :x
Regret is a useless thing.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”