Last episode of berserk [episode 25]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Last episode of berserk [episode 25]

Post by DuoEnigma » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:16 pm

what the hell? anyone know what happens afterwords? i went back to eps one after the last eps. Anyone can tell me what happen? and can anyone give me a link to where i can read the manga? pm me please!! I MUST KNOW!!!!
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

LaoTsu
Org Profile

Post by LaoTsu » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:54 am

Gats is requested to rescue a princess from a cult worhsiping Set, and in the process Caska is killed and Gats takes his revenge by killing Thusah Doom. Then he became king by his own hand... but that is another story.

.... Hmmm... or maybe that was Conan the Barbarian....
"There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve foot mountain troll is one of them."

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:41 am

lol :lol:

do you have the manga or know where i can get it from? anyone please pm me on this thanks, what a great eps, but it ended blah :evil:
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

LaoTsu
Org Profile

Post by LaoTsu » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:43 am

Actually the manga has been liscensed by Dark Horse, so you can pick it up anywhere where manga is sold. It won't get to past the series for a while, but from what I've heard the tv show starts on about vol. # 5 of the manga so there's more back story for Gats.
"There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve foot mountain troll is one of them."

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:57 am

Griffith keeps raping caska, and then spike dies.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

A little spoiler

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:55 pm

Here's something I found when searching about what happens next:
Spoiler wrote:Okay, I have been reading some fairly negative reviews about this series and thought I would provide some clarification on apparently the biggest complaint - the ending. First of all, you have to understand that Berserk is a bi-weekly comic book published in Japanese and these DVD's are simply an animated version of the books that was playing late night in Japan. The animation, if memory serves me correct, covers books 1 through 13 of the comics and ends there. However, the comic books series continue much more (and even on-going as I write this today) and currently the comics are at 26! So all I am trying to say is these DVD's should not be criticized for their ending because that is not how the story ends... the animation only ends and in the comics, Guts is adventures are continuing strongly.

But for many of you, who do not live in Japan or do not have access to the Japanese comics... here is a summary of what happens next (WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!)

1. After being rescued from "hell" by the skull helmed warrior, Guts and Casca are returned to the mountain where he trained after immediately leaving the Falcon Army.

2. Caska has gone insane from her experiences and gives birth to a half demon child (who immediately disappears to reappear numerous times later).

3. Leaving Casca, Guts sets out to hunt down the various disciples of God Hand and kills quite a few.

4. Upon returning back home, he realizes that Casca has disappeared (wandered off) and he sets out on a quest to find her.

5. During the quest, after defeating some disciples, he rescues Casca. However, in the craziness surrounding the rescue, Gryphis returns to the normal mortal plane.

6. Having a mortal body, Gryphic reforms the Falcon Army which is then used to defeat Midland from the invading armies of Kushan.

7. Meanwhile, Guts, accompanied with Casco, a young witch, a thief, and a former inquistor and her body guard travel to find Gryphis.

8. Guts get superpowered up by gaining a Dwarven Armor that makes him unbelievably strong (and it is hinted that this is the same type of armor worn by the skull helmed warrior).

That is about where the comic ended today. Anyways, I hope that this was of some help to some people but.. let me just say this, for those who loved the animation.. the comics are infinitely better. People would not believe who "tame" the animation is compared to the comics...

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:24 pm

The manga is 2X better 8) . Many cheesy and awesome stuff'll happen. Can't wait to see past 26 :P . For a little glance read Anime Jedi's post.
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Miyavi-type
Org Profile

Post by Miyavi-type » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:12 pm

Don't people recall back to the first episode of Berserk which takes place after the last episode. How could anyone think that the series ended there?
This is 雅-type. Come talk to 雅-type at Tofu Records.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

More Berserk stuff

Post by Anime Jedi » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:19 pm

Well, that's why people are so curious. They were given a glimpse of what the future held, and now they want to know how they got there.

If you're like me, after watching the first episode, I was continually curious if this whole thing was a flashback or whatnot. Eventually though, after watching half the series, I forgot about it. So naturally when I finished the series, I had no idea what was going on. lol

shihbang
Org Profile

Post by shihbang » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:48 am

Berserk manga is hardcore...be prepared for crazy gore and other such adult...stuff.

It's a pity the Berserk anime stopped only halfway through the story, but I doubt there's going to be a second season because it's not mainstream. It's obviously for men only, and it's ultra violent to boot. There's almost no romance, and it's just...well...dark. Life sucks enough as it is, and no one wants to see such crappy stuff happen to...people who are just unlucky, I guess.

Still love both the manga and the anime, though.

"I've finally realized my problem - I'm looking for the girl of my dreams while I'm still awake..."

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”