Naruto 75 *Gaara stuff* spoiler loaded.

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Naruto 75 *Gaara stuff* spoiler loaded.

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:10 pm

Ok, first off, I now love to hate Gaara, he's so bloody creepy but was adorable as a child. Anyways moving on...

Besides the fact that having him appear as the other extreme of Naruto; a being who was not loved, and could not change the darkness within him... Why do you guys think that Yashamaru tried to kill him as a child? Do you think he was actually trying to kill him or test his strength, or put him out of his misery?!

I'm debating on the matter. Discuss...

maneve
Org Profile

Post by maneve » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:01 pm

well when yashamaru was dying he said "you have gotten strong" or something along those lines so i'm leaning towards testing strength, but puting him out of his misery isn't out of the question either. i don't know i kind of feel sorry for gaara but i still don't like him lol.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:54 am

I've read ahead in the manga, so I know why she attacked him. I'll post it so that it's spoiler friendly. If you want to know why, you'll have to highlight it:
Spoilers wrote:Yashumaru was order to kill Gaara by his father, the Kazekage. Gaara was an experiment, posessed by the Sand Shukaku (I believe it's a sand demon, so a high priest, I think other sources say). Since Gaara was unable to control the powers of the living spirit Shukaku, it was realized that his existence would soon become a danger to the village. Gaara thought that Yashumaru attacked him only because she had received an order from the Kazekage, but she explained that she could have declined if she wanted. Inside, she feels that she always harbored a hatred of Gaara, since he took the life of her sister. She tried to think of him as a living memento of her sister, but she knew the truth that Gaara's mother never wished to give birth to him. She related it to "emotional scars that never healed," like the pain discussion she and Gaara had in Episode 76. Gaara's name actually means "A demon that loves only himself," but his mother did so out of spite. It was given as an eternal reminder that he was never loved by anyone, not even her. That all pretty much goes against what Yashumaru told Gaara about love in Episode 76, and it's too much for him to handle. That's why he gets disturbed whenever anyone shows love to another.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:06 am

Well.... Um.... That explains a lot.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:16 am

Hey, I said I'd explain it :P There's a lot to it, and a little more that I just summarized. If you didn't want to know, then you shouldn't have highlighted it :P
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:51 pm

Rozard wrote:Hey, I said I'd explain it :P There's a lot to it, and a little more that I just summarized. If you didn't want to know, then you shouldn't have highlighted it :P
:( :cry: :cry: :cry: X 100^3

That's just soo sad! Now I really want to love to hate Gaara. Thanks for the explanation Rozard.

Hmm...this begs a new question for the anime then....does Gaara infact love the sand...? ....doesn't he consider it his mother?

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:17 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Hmm...this begs a new question for the anime then....does Gaara infact love the sand...? ....doesn't he consider it his mother?
luckily i've just read this part of the manga, so there is no spoiler for me, heh heh

but i don't think that Gaara loves the sand, the sand is what has seperated Gaara from his village much like the Demon Fox seperated Naruto from his own village, Gaara would have been much happier as a person without the sand, i'm sure he would have prefered a real mother

he considers it his mother because she was the inital sacrifice in order for the possession to take place

but i think it'd be better to say that Gaara hates his dad for all he's put Gaara and his mother through
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:00 am

I think that Gaara at first hated his sand chakra, since it wouldn't allow him to feal at all and it made everyone around him automatically fear him. Then he figured out that he could feal emotionally when ever he killed anyone using the sand, so he grows to love the sand since it allows him to feal. However, I think if he didn't have the sand embeded into him, he would easily be a completly different person (would probabbly have never learned the way of the ninja and ended up like an average kid).

With all the flash backs of his discussion about pain, it seems like that is the only time, when he was still average and had some fealling towards people. However as soon as the sand took over that's when Gaara became the Gaara that is now. And his compressed memories of the pass are released whenever he sees anyone feal anything towards anyone other than anger, fear or hate. Something he can't comprehend because he has never felt it.

Revenance
Org Profile

Post by Revenance » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:32 pm

keyboardsamurai wrote:all the flash backs of his discussion about pain, it seems like that is the only time, when he was still average and had some fealling towards people. However as soon as the sand took over that's when Gaara became the Gaara that is now. And his compressed memories of the pass are released whenever he sees anyone feal anything towards anyone other than anger, fear or hate. Something he can't comprehend because he has never felt it.
Gaara has felt many emotions that include love, trust and emotions like that are positive. His caretaker (i forgot his name) gave him the chance to experience those emotions. I have a hunch that its more due to that caretaker that he has trouble expressing himself due to the way that he was lost. That is the only real parental figure that Gaara has since his father wasnt really there for him. I think Gaara has flashbacks because that young side of him who wasnt a monster is battling with the monster he has become. Which begs the question, had Gaara's caretaker not died and had his father not tried to kill him would Gaara have been much more similar to Naruto? Could he have possibly been a force to be reckon with for the good side?

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:18 pm

freeze_lord wrote:Gaara has felt many emotions that include love, trust and emotions like that are positive. His caretaker (i forgot his name) gave him the chance to experience those emotions. I have a hunch that its more due to that caretaker that he has trouble expressing himself due to the way that he was lost. That is the only real parental figure that Gaara has since his father wasnt really there for him. I think Gaara has flashbacks because that young side of him who wasnt a monster is battling with the monster he has become. Which begs the question, had Gaara's caretaker not died and had his father not tried to kill him would Gaara have been much more similar to Naruto? Could he have possibly been a force to be reckon with for the good side?
...YES, i think that's what the whole thing was about when Naruto was saying that they were exactly alike, the difference being that Naruto was the one that found people to except him

except, Gaara would be MORE powerful, Naruto has to be in very extreme situations for his fox power to surface, Gaara's power on the other hand is only a matter of will-power, not danger
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”