Full Metal Alchemist - Ep. 2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Full Metal Alchemist - Ep. 2

Postby Navi en Grey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:57 am

so was the priest an alchemist or a fake? they didn't really make it clear ...
Navi en Grey

Postby Kalium » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:42 am

I think the story is that he was an alchemist and an imposter for the real priest.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby LantisEscudo » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:04 am

He was an alchemist; his stone was fake, though.
LantisEscudo

Postby generalhs » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:22 pm

Yeah, he was a real alchemist and the stone wasn't truly a fake, just an imperfect one.
generalhs

Postby Hikari88 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:11 pm

generalhs wrote:Yeah, he was a real alchemist and the stone wasn't truly a fake, just an imperfect one.

Yea and he wasnt a priest =/ just some guy who liked to be thought of as one
Hikari88

Postby MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:31 am

Well he was a a third rate alchemist. Dont know if you if he was "officially" a priest or not. I still love how the crowd was stupid enough to fall for yet another fake priest so easily after the first. Even worse this one cant even use alchemy so its even more of a joke. Depserate people are dooped easily I suppose.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet
MAS PRODUCTIONS

Postby generalhs » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:42 am

Wait until the later episodes when they reveal what happens to the town years after.
generalhs

Postby Calim » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:05 am

Kalium wrote:I think the story is that he was an alchemist and an imposter for the real priest.

nope he was the actual dude.

After he got his butt wooped he got eaten by the one short/fat dude and then an imposter came in and impostered him.
Calim

Postby madbunny » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:16 am

The priest was a real alchemist. Just not an official one. He used a focusing device (his ring) presumably made from some of the red crystal stuff that we see later on in the series.

At the end of the episode the little potato guy ate him.
The potato guy was made to look like him, and began impersonating him to get the townspeople back.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
madbunny

Postby Calim » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:26 am

No i don't think the potato guy impersonated him....from watching the series as it has been released thus far the only thing on his mind is eating things and beating the hell out of others.

I believe it was that dark greenish haired guy that dresses up like a girl most of the times that impersonated the priest.
Calim

Postby madbunny » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:46 pm

Calim wrote:No i don't think the potato guy impersonated him....from watching the series as it has been released thus far the only thing on his mind is eating things and beating the hell out of others.

I believe it was that dark greenish haired guy that dresses up like a girl most of the times that impersonated the priest.

Damm... you might be right. I went back and watched that part again. She calls the potato guy lust, or envy or something like that, but I can't make out the name that she calls the new priest.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
madbunny

Postby Calim » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:29 pm

madbunny wrote:
Calim wrote:No i don't think the potato guy impersonated him....from watching the series as it has been released thus far the only thing on his mind is eating things and beating the hell out of others.

Damm... you might be right. I went back and watched that part again. She calls the potato guy lust, or envy or something like that, but I can't make out the name that she calls the new priest.

yes you may began to bow now. :P
Calim

Postby generalhs » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:58 pm

"Potato Guy" = Gluttony
The green-haired guy = Eny
The blackhaired woman = Lust

There's 4 more revealed later, but I'll let you guess the names. ;) After episode 29. this show's become even more interesting.
generalhs

Postby Calim » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:00 pm

generalhs wrote:"Potato Guy" = Gluttony
The green-haired guy = Eny
The blackhaired woman = Lust

There's 4 more revealed later, but I'll let you guess the names. ;) After episode 29. this show's become even more interesting.

The seven Deadly sins
"Ass's are important in todays society, but....." -By Knuckles
FUNimation Kills my innerchild
Shippo is the PIMP of all foxes ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member
Calim

Return to Anime Series Discussion