last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Apeotheosis
Org Profile

Post by Apeotheosis » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:08 pm

Alas...I have not :(

I will very soon, I just have to run over to my friends house and borrow it. But I can definitly say that I WILL own this entire series and the two movies when they're all released in the director's cut. I love it way too much not to.

Let's see...where to start? *thinks* Let's talk about the truths of the soul that seem to be covered so well. How the show knows where truth lies in all people, and how depressing or malevolent those truths can be. Like Shinji's running away from it all. Even though his father's a complete cold-hearted person to him and his mother has died. The story doesn't just use that as his excuse like in other generic storylines. It shows that it's not just that....it's that HE has choosen to see it that way. And that's how he hides it from the facts. Or Asuka and how she wants everyone to know she exists or "not a doll" and hides it with her anger. Of course there are other things but I don't have time to list them, I'm going to dinner right now.

Alright, talk to you guys later.
*phade*
~Mike
Me wrote:I don't know where I'm going, but uhh...I'm definitely gonna think about it on the way.

DaNuKa_SAN
Location: Most probably sleeping...that or in front of his comp...
Org Profile

Post by DaNuKa_SAN » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:26 pm

lol hows this for a waste of time? i spent atlest 3 yrs piecing to gether every little piece here and there and comparing to the bible with a frien of mine which is a college historian assistant doing his masters^^

best ive found today...(there was more back then...like that all three angels have an element which were described in the gospels belonging to some demons...the horn on Eva01, 00s 1 eye, and 02s 4 eyes)

http://www.bfx-net.com/evafaqs/evafaqsmain.html
"Why is it I get my best ideas while shaving?"
- Albert Einstein

DaNuKa_SAN
Org Profile

Post by DaNuKa_SAN » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:31 pm

for a more psychological indept view try this one...if u dare

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~cduan/writ ... full.shtml
- Albert Einstein

DaNuKa_SAN
Org Profile

Post by DaNuKa_SAN » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:37 pm

and this very freaky comment came from here (http://www.crossroad.to/text/responses/Evangelion.htm) and should warn us all of the dangers of anime and dwelling a bit TOO long on Eva (yea rite^^):

From a concerned mother: Thank you for your information on this series. I would like to share with you our story. My 16 year old son is a wonderful young man who is a Christian. He is somewhat of an introvert, however, and loves to spend time on the computer. We are fairly strict with what movies and games our boys play, but have given them greater freedoms to chose their entertainment as they grow older, asking them to always evaluate what they do by thinking what Jesus would do. We hold the Word of God as our Supreme authority for life and try to train up our children with a strong Biblical worldview.
This being said, we were so taken aback with a recent episode in our home. My 16 year old said he wanted the DVD collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion to watch, and we purchased it without much evaluation. We thought it was "Just Cartoons". My son also thought it was harmless fun. When he got the set, he proceeded to watch it for hours.
The next morning, he wouldn't speak to me at all and had a depressed look on his face. I thought he was having a bad day and let it slide. He went off to school-a Christian high school- and when I picked him up that afternoon, he was still not speaking. We are very close and I tried repeatedly to get him to tell me what was wrong but he wouldn't talk-not a word.!! So at home, he went to his room and despite me going in to talk to him repeatedly, he remained sad and mute. Finally, I came into his room to find him with a tie around his neck, standing in the center of his room, turning red. I fought him to get the tie off and then clung to him praying the name of Jesus.
Eventually he talked, saying that he didn't know what was the "real" reality and he didn't belong in this world. I talked with him about God's plan and purpose for his life and eventually he became more talkative. We watched him carefully and sought help from a Christian counselor. Although he may have some emotional issues to work out, I KNOW that satan use this evangelion series to mess with his mind and to confuse him in his faith.
To those who think it is good -- beware! It is darkness. It blinds even clear thinking, Christian kids. We have warned our son to have nothing to do with this series, but he still defends it. I am praying that he will seek truth only in God's Word and not to fill his mind with darkness.
Please continue to warn Christians about this stuff. Most of my friends had never heard of it either.
- Albert Einstein

DaNuKa_SAN
Org Profile

Post by DaNuKa_SAN » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:39 pm

oh and u might not want to go check out the rest of the site...ughhh...
- Albert Einstein

DaNuKa_SAN
Org Profile

Post by DaNuKa_SAN » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:46 pm

sorry im postin again but man! wat the hell? this site is WAY too...uhhh...ok...

I wonder how they took the pokemon bonanza these people...talk about taking thigs litteraly....
- Albert Einstein

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:49 pm

spike spiegel121 wrote:Alas...I have not :(

I will very soon, I just have to run over to my friends house and borrow it. But I can definitly say that I WILL own this entire series and the two movies when they're all released in the director's cut. I love it way too much not to.

Let's see...where to start? *thinks* Let's talk about the truths of the soul that seem to be covered so well. How the show knows where truth lies in all people, and how depressing or malevolent those truths can be. Like Shinji's running away from it all. Even though his father's a complete cold-hearted person to him and his mother has died. The story doesn't just use that as his excuse like in other generic storylines. It shows that it's not just that....it's that HE has choosen to see it that way. And that's how he hides it from the facts. Or Asuka and how she wants everyone to know she exists or "not a doll" and hides it with her anger. Of course there are other things but I don't have time to list them, I'm going to dinner right now.

Alright, talk to you guys later.
*phade*
~Mike
Don't feel bad about not having seen EoE or owning the series. I bought EoE at a convention a long time ago, but Evangelion is my favorite series and it's been that way for many years. And yet, I don't own it! I've been mooching off of my brother's awesome subbed VHS tapes for a long time. I originally set out to buy Evangelion last year, I got the money ready and everything, but they kept releasing things! I wasn't going to get it without the directors cut, but I wanted to get a box because they're cheaper. So now this Platinum Edition is coming out, and as annoying as it is that they'll rerelease every single volume taking their annoyingly sweet time rather than just releasing it as a box to begin with, I'll wait for the real box to come out with all the volumes and then I can finally get the series. But anyway, don't feel bad about not having it yet.

As for the stuf you said... I agree. I think it's amazing how life really is in your head. I may not be able to insantly have a hot childhood friend walking me to school where my hot teacher and hot blue haired classmate wait, all-of-a-sudden, but it really is about perspective and how you see things.

I guess that's all I have to say now... I'll say more stuff later ;)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:30 pm

Big spouilers here, but since youre already in this topic anyways...

i didn't even read the replies, just your question. Here goes: When Yoshiyuki ?Sadamoto discovedred that the ending he had planned for Evangelion wasn't going to be aired because of censoring problems, he created episodes 25 and 26 just to say the series ended. The real ending is the movie entitled The End ogf Evangelion. Unit-01's core is Ikari Yui's soul, the Second Angel is crucified in Central Dogma (which is the reason Kaworu, aka Tablis, the last Angel gave up, it wasn't Adam) Adam, during the Second mpact, was reduced to embryonic state (remember the embryo that Kaji takes to Gendo?). The manga explains everything a hell of a lot better than the Anime. Too bad it hasn't finished yet. Unit-01 goes berzerk as a result of Yui's natural instinct to protect her son. More explanations: why does Unit-00 hate Gendo? Because the core soul is Akagi Ritsuko's mom (Akagi Naoko) who was murdured by Gendo when he found out that she caused the failure in the activation test that resulted in Yui's death.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:45 pm

Two things -

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto isn't the mastermind of Evangelion. Hideaki Anno is, he directed it and he called the shots, especailly with the ending (and TV ending in particular). Sadamoto did the key art for Evangelion, which is spectacular, but he wasn't in the director's chair. If Sadamoto had been, then the manga which Sadamoto does would be pretty much the same as the show, since they'd both be his story. However, the manga is different from the show because it is Sadamoto's, he decided to do his own thing branching off from the story that Anno headed.

Second, the hypothesis that Evangelion 00's soul is Naoko Akagi has been debunked by nearly all serious Evangelion discussion circles. It used to be well held, but now it's scoffed at, and basically considered one of the big newbie mistakes along with the thought that the First Impact was the killing of the dinosaurs, and the thought that Misato shot Kaji. Currently the hypothesis that is accepted the most is that Evangelion 00's soul is that of Ayanami Rei, or really 'Rei 1' or 'child Rei' even though it's techincally all the same soul. This is explained using Quantum Mechanics, conveniently enough, based on evidence in the series to support that.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Oh, woops, sorry for the double post.

Naoko Akagi wasn't murdered by Gendou or anybody, she committed suicide.

The manga isn't canon, so I wouldn't go beleiving everything it says. It's just Sadamoto's interpretation, the truer material is the anime, because Evangelion is dominantly Anno's story.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”