last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:20 am

I think the manga is better. personally i sort of perfered Toji to be dead.

Navi en Grey
Org Profile

Post by Navi en Grey » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:54 am

the only reason people don't like the ending of eva is because they haven't either seen the movies or just the type not into " weird " ideas ...

LindenRathan
Org Profile

Post by LindenRathan » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:01 am

well im wierd and like wierd things but didnt like the ending at firsts cause i wasent realy ready to pay that clos attention
-The DragonLord Linden Rathan known to mortals as The Knight of Fire-

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:18 pm

well then u weren't enough into weirdness as you should have been.... shame on you :evil:
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

EXODO
Org Profile

Evas las Episode

Post by EXODO » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:49 pm

Evangelions last episode:
To understand the series and the last episode you have to think it as 2 stories (like I said on another forum). There are 2 stories hidden on the series one (the most obious) is the story about the Evas and the end of the world. Two is the mental adn phycological transition made by Shingi during all the story. At the begining he was a very shy and non-violent kind of guy and at the end he is more aggresive and more confident about himself. teh whole story revolves around the mental changes our characters pass thou (specialy Shingi) and how they have been evolving. At the end of the last episode all the characters were clapping to Shingi and the first thing you said was: "What the F__k?". Well that is normal! They are applouding because Shingi has finally changed to be a better and more confident person. It is like a self-discovery he went thou and at the he finally made it. The Evas and the end of the world is a side story to keep you away from the real story. It is just what is happening in the world while he self-discovers himself.

Seeing the End of Evangelion will help you understand the story about the evas and what they were. It was done to give that story and ending. But it really helps. :)

ATTE: EXODO
Studios: STUDIOS EXODO
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:16 pm

Alright, this is an older topic, but here is my reprise, k?

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's Evangelion manga is majorly insane! I mean... wow. Shinji kills Gendou with a knife and then naked Yui (who loosk more like Haruko from Furi Kuri than anyone) kind of has a mental duel with Rei and that's just in the first part of one volume... it's really odd stuff... I guess Sadmoto thought it'd be sacrilege to make something Evangelion related that didn't confuse and freak-out people, even people that had already seen the series.

As for Evangelion Episoder 26, it's probably my favorite. I like that kind of ending, it's my favorite kind. Though I can't lie and say that I was satisfied with it the first time I saw it, I was a good bit younger then, by many years (which is a heck of a long time to me personally)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Apeotheosis
Org Profile

Post by Apeotheosis » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:11 am

I don't feel like going back and quoting people everywhere, but I just watched this anime and D & R Evangelion. So not even my assumptions can be entirely complete. First off, I'm not trying to sound all "High and mighty" but it might come off that way. I've been analyzing anime like this forever....two words. Boogiepop Phantom. Yeah - if you can get that....Eva is like editing with WMM. :roll:

For a tip I reccomend watching other animes along with Eva...not to confuse you, but rather to get you into the "mind-set" of thinking outside of the box. Wait...no, you can't think outside of the box on this one, trying thinking outside of the quantum space that the box and the space outside of the box is concealed in. That's what you really need to understand Eva. A matter of fact, you don't really need that much to UNDERSTAND Eva, but to really FEEL Eva. Most people in this discussion should understand what I'm talking about.

One thing I saw posted earlier in the discussion was some actual facts per say and to me that just ruins everything. Being TOLD what happened isn't what you should be looking for. To each their own I guess. But the struggle to figure something out is where all the fun is, and when you find that something out you feel such completion. It could be compared to AMV making. Just try to decipher it any way you can. And be prepared for it...very prepared to listen carefully to the subtle things. And the whole pausing thing that someone mentioned. That could be used...but I wouldn't feel right doing it that way. I would reccomend pausing it when the screen turns black and says certain things though. Sometimes it was just too fast. And there are things you might want to know in there. You'll be able to soak things up easier if you take it slow in those scenes.

One more thing about why this anime is so demented. The man who created the storyline for Eva was Maher Al-Samkari. Obviously the man was a little nuts. To write anything even at the beggining of the series of Eva would take a lack of sanity. But towards the end of the series....he went mentally insane. And what makes writing so good? When you experience it firsthand. THIS is why the ending and most of the series towards the end was so crazy. Because the man writing it was also crazy....but once you think about it. We're all a little crazy from time to time aren't we?

"Congradulations Shinji."

~Mike
Me wrote:I don't know where I'm going, but uhh...I'm definitely gonna think about it on the way.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:30 pm

Who the HELL is Maher Al-Samkari?

Hideaki Anno isn't insane, he's as sane as anybody. Atleast as sane as Syd Barrett... He was depressed, not insane.

If he had went insane, I don't see how Kare Kano could have turned out so darn well. And what about all the other stuff he does? (The live action movies like Cutey Honey and the one that's about to be released in the US)
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:14 pm

You know Mike, How many times do I have to tell you not to piss off the Eva fanboyz? eh? :P

Mirumoto_Chris
Org Profile

Post by Mirumoto_Chris » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:35 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:
If he had went insane, I don't see how Kare Kano could have turned out so darn well.
Of course he went insane... it is the only explantion for the gawd-awful last episode of Kare Kano. Sketch episodes make me want to commit violent, malicious harm upon my television.
Mirumoto Chris
Freelance Samurai - Locked in mortal combat with his PC
"Let's say I am a man is search of a vision..." - Mask of Zorro

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”