Noir episode 25 (SPOILERS)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Noir episode 25 (SPOILERS)

Postby Anime 51 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:25 am

I somehow knew from the first episode that Mireille and Kirika would end up shooting at each other. Anyone else?
Anime 51

Postby angelx03 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:38 am

I'm still confused why they're shooting each other. Does it have to do with Kirika being the true Noir?
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Jnzk » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:25 am

While Kirika was at the Manor, she seemed to be in a "brain-washed" state. Also Chloe had a lot of influence over her with all the twisted romantic interest and whatnot. Kirika wasn't herself and saw Mireille as trying to prevent the ritual. Basically I think at that time Kirika was being her childhood self, just a merciless killer obeying the will of others. She had probably spent a good deal of youth in the Manor and returning there triggered something in her head again.

That's how I saw it, at least.
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby TheMadOne » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:15 pm

Well (dramatic pause) while we are at a "end of series" discussion, we should discuss what ecactly happend.

The Whole story began with soldats, and their cult of justice. Somehow, they spawned the NOIR-sisters. A duett that makes, once they work together, the perfect killing machine.
So, another aera of noir passed and a new set of "Noir" was abaut to spawn. There were 3 "candidates": Kirika and Chloe, who lived both at the village of Soldats, and the mafia daughter Mireille.
Then, the Bouquet familiy became somehow an enemy of Soldats (can´t recall the exact reason), that´s why they had to be exterminated. The extermination was done by Kirika, and then there is this biiiig pause in the storyline and we don´t exactly know what happend.

My thoughts: Kirika didn´t accept what she was and what her function in life was, so she decided to forget who she was and ran away until the mooks of Soldats found her in ep.1. That might explain why the only person she could think of was Mireille. So, she contacted her and wasn´t worried at all when Mireille made her promise to kill her after the job was done. Even if she didn´t know for sure, she felt guilty and that it might be right to be killed be Mireille.
Your day shall come.
Be strong.
Be brave.
And for gods sake! DONT SCREW UP AGAIN!
TheMadOne

Postby Jnzk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:04 am

TheMadOne wrote:Then, the Bouquet familiy became somehow an enemy of Soldats (can´t recall the exact reason), that´s why they had to be exterminated.

That was because they refused to hand over their daughter to the Soldats.

TheMadOne wrote:My thoughts: Kirika didn´t accept what she was and what her function in life was, so she decided to forget who she was and ran away until the mooks of Soldats found her in ep.1. That might explain why the only person she could think of was Mireille. So, she contacted her and wasn´t worried at all when Mireille made her promise to kill her after the job was done. Even if she didn´t know for sure, she felt guilty and that it might be right to be killed be Mireille.

This black hole in the story gives much room to speculation. :) I've always thought that the Soldats deliberately erased Kirika's memories. Finding out who she really was and what had happened in the past was a part of the trials to become true Noir. It was also important not to reveal the identity of the men in suits to raise the stakes in this survival game. Because the killing of the Bouquets was such an important event for Kirika emotionally, she could still probably faintly remember something about Mireille and find her. That, and the Soldats wanted them to get together to test their skills.
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Noir Episode 26

Postby Rozard » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:49 am

If you've seen the last episode, I'm going to ask something about the very last scene:
spoilers wrote:When the camera is focused on the Soldats pocket watch and you hear two gun shots, what do you think happened? When I first saw it, I thought that the group of Soldats guys killed Mirelle and Kirika. Then, after thinking about it a bit, I thought maybe it meant that Mirelle and Kirika took up the name Noir, and that Mirelle has left her trouble in the past behind her. Any other thoughts?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby TallonKarrde23 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:24 pm

the nuns with the golden P228's or whatever gun they had own :lol:
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!
TallonKarrde23

Re: Noir Episode 26

Postby Jnzk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:28 am

Rozard wrote:If you've seen the last episode, I'm going to ask something about the very last scene:
spoilers wrote:When the camera is focused on the Soldats pocket watch and you hear two gun shots, what do you think happened? When I first saw it, I thought that the group of Soldats guys killed Mirelle and Kirika. Then, after thinking about it a bit, I thought maybe it meant that Mirelle and Kirika took up the name Noir, and that Mirelle has left her trouble in the past behind her. Any other thoughts?

spoilers wrote:I never thought the duo was shot. In my opinion that last scene was more like a symbolic message meaning that they went on with their lives, perhaps leaving the whole assassination business behind.
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Re: Noir Episode 26

Postby Anime 51 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:47 pm

Janzki wrote:
spoilers wrote:I never thought the duo was shot. In my opinion that last scene was more like a symbolic message meaning that they went on with their lives, perhaps leaving the whole assassination business behind.

I assumed they carried on more or less as they had been; the gunshots were them taking out their latest target.
Anime 51

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:21 am

(Free range spoiler warning, don't read this if you haven't seen!)

That was an awesome ending indeed...

Here are my takes on the ideas touched on in this thread,

About the manor, I can see why Kirika would attack Mireille because, for some reason, I too was in a trance like state while we where at the Manor. I didn't want Mireiyu to stop the ritual either.

About the rejection of "Noir" I think that was about the theme that hate can't save people. I doubt Kirika and Mireille will continue being assasins, but if they do they certainly won't be Noir anymore. But I'm getting into things that everybody already knows, so I'll stop for now.

About the ending scene with the shots, I think that was suposed to be extrmely ambiguious. I can't really decide what it means yet.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.
HeartbreakerByZep

Postby Rozard » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:34 am

DOH!

>_< Hold on, I think I know what the ending is now...

Spoilers wrote:Dur. Mirelle said she's kill Kirika after she finds out about her past. Do you think that gunshot was Mirelle killing Kirika?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby Jnzk » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:16 am

No, she's so skilled that she wouldn't need two shots. :wink:

But seriously, that is a possibility too. Ah, got to love ambiguous endings.
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby TheMadOne » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:33 pm

brain...collapsing

Jeez, why did you have to recall me that? I almost forgot abaut the two shots. But since there are no facts, it´s all speculation.

And like all the smart Matrix2-speculation, all those ideas make sense.... until the crappy sequel, anyway.
Your day shall come.
Be strong.
Be brave.
And for gods sake! DONT SCREW UP AGAIN!
TheMadOne

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:01 pm

Yeah the final scene with the shots is quite interesting... I have no doubt that it was ment to be excruciatingly ambigous so that everyone can decide for themselves what happened. Right now I lean toward the suggestion that the Soldats killed Kirika and Mireiyu. I mean there where 2 shots, and it makes sense. These Soldats want to keep their power, and they know that these two assasins have killing ability above any of them. It's not like they would hesitate to kill Kirika and Mireiyu, and they had their backs turned. It's a pretty bitter ending, but that's just the way life goes...

I guess it could be Mireiyu killing Kirika, I always expected something would come of that in the ending, but I think that issue was more than settled beforehand, so settled infact that I think it's illogical to beleive that Mireyui killed her then. Not only had there been those occurances like when Kirika saved Mireiyu and the letter that Kirika had written, but just moments before Kirika had been in a position of near death, and Mireiyu begged her to live, and she accepted. Nothing more was going to happen, if Mireiyu wanted Kirika to die she would have let her die there. Plus, a side note, Kirika had killed Kuroe to save Mireiyu after Kirika's and Mireiyu's battle. I think that scene, if not the other scenes, shows that the death agreement had been settled. What's more, Kirika is the better fighter of the two, so Kirika would have either had to be caught off-guard (which is very unlike her, but understandable considering the situation) or Kirika would have allowed it to happen, and I think she got over that after the previous occurance when Kirika's past was revealed. So, what I'm saying is, Mireiyu would have to have been even more decieving and manipulative than Arutena was to have killed Kirika at the end. It's definetly a possible end, but I wouldn't bet on it.
HeartbreakerByZep

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:47 pm

(SPOILERS!! GAAAHH!!! STOP READING THIS!)

By the way... since this thread is about episode 25 and not 26, I'll give my opinion on that. The way that Koroe died was very tragic and sad... pitiful even. #25 is likely my favorite Noir episode, with 26 following and then probably 24.
HeartbreakerByZep

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion