end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
User avatar
HeartbreakerByZep
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Bright Midnight
Org Profile

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Wed May 05, 2004 6:12 pm

Yeah, I see what you're saying... the thing about EoE/EoTV's messege that makes it so uplifting is that it's optimistic despite the circumstances your in. Whenever anyone watches EoE they always come to me and say "Oh man, that's so depressing, most depressing thing ever." and then I show them the qoute that goes something like "Anywhere on Earth can be Heaven if you make it that way" or something. ;) So uplifting!
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

User avatar
Daio Kaji
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:29 am
Location: ..wat goes here now?¿
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Daio Kaji » Thu May 06, 2004 8:38 am

yup, definately uplifting, also
Yui's soul to Shinji... i think wrote:as long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright

so pleasant and reassuring
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D
Image

User avatar
Dymatrex
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Dymatrex » Thu May 06, 2004 10:33 am

That, and it also shows that in the end, the ultimate enemy of humanity is humanity itself.
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

User avatar
the Black Monarch
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:29 am
Location: The Stellar Converter on Meklon IV
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby the Black Monarch » Tue May 11, 2004 12:08 am

You know, all that "anywhere can be heaven" crap doesn't really help me feel better about the extinction of 99.9999% of the human race...
The only .org member to donate $1,500 and still have a donation status of "total leech"

User avatar
Kracus
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:21 am
Location: DC
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kracus » Tue May 11, 2004 6:13 am

I found it funny.

User avatar
HeartbreakerByZep
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Bright Midnight
Org Profile

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Wed May 12, 2004 7:12 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:You know, all that "anywhere can be heaven" crap doesn't really help me feel better about the extinction of 99.9999% of the human race...


Get over it, life continues. If all you care about is everybody, you won't get anywhere.

Besides, everybody knows that people can come back, it's sound outright. Were you joking?
Look at all my trials and tribulations

Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.

Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers

'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

User avatar
AngeloftheHawks
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:41 pm
Location: purgatory
Org Profile

Postby AngeloftheHawks » Mon May 31, 2004 1:15 pm

Watch the last 2 episodes of the TV series and then the movie all back to back. It made sense to me. Parts of the movie and parts of the episodes match up perfectly. yea..........it worked for me anyway.

:sidenote: when ur watching the movie put on the audio commentary, it is funny as hell.
what is your hand for?
give up.....?
ask Shinji.....

User avatar
R-A-N-M-A
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: General Music Forum
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby R-A-N-M-A » Mon May 31, 2004 1:28 pm

At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq2.html
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

User avatar
Dymatrex
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Dymatrex » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:46 am

R-A-N-M-A wrote:At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq2.html


Very good site and VERY informative as well. I never there was a Red Cross Book made specifically for those trying to understand Evangelion until this point.
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

User avatar
Daio Kaji
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:29 am
Location: ..wat goes here now?¿
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Daio Kaji » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:53 pm

R-A-N-M-A wrote:At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq2.html
good site, but it's basically a well educated OPINION

he says that the two endings are different and actually opposites, but there are many including myself that believe the two endings come to the same conclusion, shinji accepting the real world of seperate individuals and accepting that there will be pain among the happiness

TV ending - glass shatters/complementation shatters, leaving shinji his congratulations by ppl he knew who in his mind congratulated him for accepting himself, not the empty togetherness that is complementation
EoE - Eva Unit 01 (shinji inside) rips out of Uber-Rei's 3rd eye/leaves complementation, destroying uber-rei and allowing the rest of the souls a way out of complementation
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!

Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Image

User avatar
AtomicWeezleman
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:10 am
Location: Walking the earth.........
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AtomicWeezleman » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:41 pm

long time since ive visited this thread............... its getting kind of abstract...........


hmm, i think the endings depend on your perspective on the two endings endings, however id have to agree with Daio Kaji on this one..................... tis a good site that one


me prefers original ending
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

User avatar
*inverse*
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:30 pm
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby *inverse* » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:08 pm

Hmm....I should watch this show....

Shadowmage
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:47 pm
Org Profile

Postby Shadowmage » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:57 pm

Daio Kaji wrote:yup, definately uplifting, also
Yui's soul to Shinji... i think wrote:as long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright

so pleasant and reassuring


Don't forget "God's in Heaven, All is right with the world (wait....... hmmmmmmm........ this is the opposite.........)

Eva Otaku is a great site


By the way Black Monarch, It never really says that all of humanity won't come back to life. It might very well be that all 3 billion life forms came back to life along with Shinji and Asuka.
Neither theory has been comfirmed and Anno isn't saying anything.

gunhoe86
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:25 pm
Location: Austin
Org Profile

Postby gunhoe86 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:03 pm

I personally don't believe EoE is necessary to watch, you can get exactly what you need to get out of the series itself. It requires alot of introspection and reflection. You have to put yourself in Shinji or Asuka shoes and say, "What would I do if I were them?" The show helps you realize your own fears and insecurities and feelings of self-worth and shows you how you can handle them. It shows you both roads you can travel and where they both lead to. I don't think EoE should have even been made, it seemed to me like alot of people missed the point of the series, so they made a movie to fulfill the angel story. I was completely happy with the series ending, and didn't see EoE for a few months afterwards. You just have to dig deep within yourself and teach yourself something, the series doesn't just hand it to you (like the movie). The deeper you dig, the more you'll learn and understand about yourself. If you don't do anything except wait for an explanation about the characters on the screen, you won't get anyhting. I feel that the series isn't abot those characters, it was about me. And after reflection of the events that occured, I came to a great revelation. I hope you do the same thing too.


Here's some links from a while back when I was confused and someone pointed me in the right direction.

[url=http://animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6796]Another thread discussion[/url]
[url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=14]An article about Neon Genesis[/url]


~JOSH

Shadowmage
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:47 pm
Org Profile

Postby Shadowmage » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:22 pm

gunhoe86 wrote:I personally don't believe EoE is necessary to watch, you can get exactly what you need to get out of the series itself. It requires alot of introspection and reflection. You have to put yourself in Shinji or Asuka shoes and say, "What would I do if I were them?" The show helps you realize your own fears and insecurities and feelings of self-worth and shows you how you can handle them. It shows you both roads you can travel and where they both lead to. I don't think EoE should have even been made, it seemed to me like alot of people missed the point of the series, so they made a movie to fulfill the angel story. I was completely happy with the series ending, and didn't see EoE for a few months afterwards. You just have to dig deep within yourself and teach yourself something, the series doesn't just hand it to you (like the movie). The deeper you dig, the more you'll learn and understand about yourself. If you don't do anything except wait for an explanation about the characters on the screen, you won't get anyhting. I feel that the series isn't abot those characters, it was about me. And after reflection of the events that occured, I came to a great revelation. I hope you do the same thing too.


Here's some links from a while back when I was confused and someone pointed me in the right direction.

Another thread discussion
An article about Neon Genesis


~JOSH


The movie does, however, tie up a few loose threads about how instrumentality happened in the first place as well as giving a visual example of instrumentality. (and does ALOT of other things too)

The movie has a very strange effect. It gave me insight to the original ending that I've never seen before. It is as if the movie made me appreciate the original ending more.... (probably because the tv ending is a bit more happy)


Return to “Anime Series Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests