end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby the Black Monarch » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:39 am

...yeah, pretty much.

But if he changed his mind about killing everyone, then why is everyone still dead? Because they're not really dead, they're just a giant puddle of Tang. So why did Shinji want to turn everyone into Tang? Beause he was really thirsty. Obey your thirst, destroy humanity.
The only .org member to donate $1,500 and still have a donation status of "total leech"
the Black Monarch

Postby Excalibur00 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:32 pm

well the point is at the end is................hmm i'm sorry i dont remember, i am still thinking of the point of the movie itself. I dont get the ending. What kind of ending is that, that just....ends like that?
Excalibur00

Postby death_wing » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:18 pm

at the end, shinji finally realizes what he really wants in his life and that his fear of being hated by others are solved... that's why he decided for humanity to live on. :D
Too many people are living in a nightmare, when life was meant to be a dream!
death_wing

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:24 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:well the point is at the end is................hmm i'm sorry i dont remember, i am still thinking of the point of the movie itself. I dont get the ending. What kind of ending is that, that just....ends like that?

.... a good one?

Some series literally end without ending, but Evangelion had two whole endings (2 TV episodes and 2 overlapping movies) to conclude the series. For me personally, I hate to have things drag on and be crap, a series has to end at the right time. Evangelion had a perfect ending, it had to end somehow so why not the end of the world and the rebirth of humanity?
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.
HeartbreakerByZep

Postby Excalibur00 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:56 am

sure, cant blame the ending, but it still is just....the ending is something unlike all the other endings you've seen on other animes.
Excalibur00

Postby Daio Kaji » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:33 pm

but that doesn't make it a bad ending, like you said, it's different

the way the matrix revolutions ended reminds me of eva, a bit open-ended for some people's tastes, but when you boil down to it, it's actually a great ending

Evangelion... the other white meat... okay, that was just pointless :?
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D
Daio Kaji

Postby Kaimi-chan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:53 pm

Ah... I wish you guys understand portuguese, I've got a super theory about that... ^^'
"Kuchime oshii Yappari kono omoi dake wa, kuchitekurenaindayo." ~By Tsunade
Kakeruka? oó
Kaimi-chan

Postby Alpha_Hazard » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm

I really think this ought to be a sticky thread...
Alpha_Hazard

Postby Excalibur00 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:30 am

Well, any thread that involves the subject of EVA is suppose to be sticky.
Excalibur00

Postby Alpha_Hazard » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:41 am

Daio Kaji wrote:the way the matrix revolutions ended reminds me of eva, a bit open-ended for some people's tastes, but when you boil down to it, it's actually a great ending

Actually, although the ending may have been well thought out, how it was written was just...ouch. Seriously, talk about "it's a woderful life" and what's up with that kid anyway, in "Kid's Story" he was all hard core and cool, but in Reloaded and Rev. he was just a whiny loser, with a Little girl crush on Neo.

OK, offtopic. Anyway, Evangelion has a certain appeal to the apocalyptic personality that some find depressing, but really to me is optimistic. It make the future what you want it to be, rather than some hollywood writer, who has to have a happy ending because he doesn't want to piss off his investors, I think that's why Anime is getting so popular, because it has that non-hollywood feel to it, that feel that many people want, because they are tired of the same old happy endings and money making plots (Unfortunately, Anime is cashed in on too, asking for up to thirty dollars for four episodes...what a sham)

Well, I'm seeing things now, so I'm gonna go get breakfast, byebye
Alpha_Hazard

Postby Otohiko » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:58 am

Alpha_Hazard wrote:
OK, offtopic. Anyway, Evangelion has a certain appeal to the apocalyptic personality that some find depressing, but really to me is optimistic.

That's actually the way I felt about it, too. It depressed the hell out of my brother, but neither of Eva's endings makes me feel bad - actually, quite the opposite :roll:
Otohiko

Postby the Black Monarch » Tue May 04, 2004 5:37 pm

As much as I disliked both endings, I was too disturbed by EoE to be pissed about it...
The only .org member to donate $1,500 and still have a donation status of "total leech"
the Black Monarch

Postby Excalibur00 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:47 am

Yeah, i would say that the ending of EOE is a bit unsettling.
Excalibur00

Postby HeartbreakerByZep » Wed May 05, 2004 1:57 pm

Indeed, The End of Evangelion, not just the ending but as a whole, is very unsettling, and depressing. And yet, it has the most uplifting messege I've ever encountered in any movie.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.
HeartbreakerByZep

Postby Daio Kaji » Wed May 05, 2004 3:19 pm

HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Indeed, The End of Evangelion, not just the ending but as a whole, is very unsettling, and depressing. And yet, it has the most uplifting messege I've ever encountered in any movie.

watch some of the pokemon movies, very happy times.. :shock: .. uh.. i was kidnapped and forced! FORCED I SAY!!!

well okay maybe not, but they do usually have uplifting messages, but it's the same usual stuff, friendship, togetherness, aspects of your birth don't determine your future role in life, yada-yada 8)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D
Daio Kaji

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion