end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
gunhoe86
Org Profile

Post by gunhoe86 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:38 am

yes, i agree it does provide insight, it is helpful, i just don't believe it to be necessary.

~JOSH

Shadowmage
Org Profile

Post by Shadowmage » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:45 pm

gunhoe86 wrote:yes, i agree it does provide insight, it is helpful, i just don't believe it to be necessary.

~JOSH
....Tell that to the rabid Eva fanbase in Japan back in 1997 who were sending death threats to Anno Hideaki and GAINAX... (as well as graffitiing and vandalizing their office) The movie pretty much effectively calmed them down. (so yes, it was necessary.)

You must admit that EoE delivers more closure to the series. It solidifies things more. gunehoe86, I'm sure even you were subconsiously dissatisfied with the last two tv episodes until you saw EoE.

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:29 pm

Shadowmage wrote:
gunhoe86 wrote:yes, i agree it does provide insight, it is helpful, i just don't believe it to be necessary.

~JOSH
....Tell that to the rabid Eva fanbase in Japan back in 1997 who were sending death threats to Anno Hideaki and GAINAX... (as well as graffitiing and vandalizing their office) The movie pretty much effectively calmed them down. (so yes, it was necessary.)

You must admit that EoE delivers more closure to the series. It solidifies things more. gunehoe86, I'm sure even you were subconsiously dissatisfied with the last two tv episodes until you saw EoE.

Yes, but anno didnt originally believe it was neccesary, when he finished the series, that was it, he wasnt going back to eva..... he only did it so the fans woul STFU, and stop threatning to tar and feather him.......

The film actually left me with more question than it did answers........

dont double post bark.........
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

gunhoe86
Org Profile

Post by gunhoe86 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:35 am

im gonna have to agree with AtomicWeezleman here. i know that anno caught alot of flack, but i believe he created it the way he did so that everyone could reflect upon themselves as individuals, and not get the same thing everyone else was getting. i was disappointed the first time i saw the series, i couldn't sleep that night because i was so upset. i spent the whole next day pondering the whole show and came to a quite satisfactory conclusion. like AtomicWeezleman said, anno only did EoE to quell the throng who threatened him, but they should have STFU and done some reflecting instead of demand answers. if you can't find something, maybe you should intensify your search instead of request that someone else find it and give it to you. in the case of the movie, what was handed to them wasn't even what they should have been looking for. what they should have been searching for was right in their hands. i think there's much more resolution to the series than EoE, which muddied up the water a bit more than it answered questions.

that's how i stand on things

~JOSH

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:41 am

Actually, I can say for certain that I wasn't at all dissatisfied with the last two episodes, though I do like EoE. Like I said somewhere... watching the last 2 eps makes me feel... really good for some reason :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:20 am

Eoe was only good for a few things,

1. We finally see Asukas Breasts.
2. We finally see Asuka seriously kick ass.
3. We finally see Asuka die.

I cant think of any other plus points right now......

BTW i really like the film, but still prefer TV ending....
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

Chloe_666
Org Profile

Post by Chloe_666 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:38 am

I prefer the TV ending because in EOE Rei dies :cry: :cry:

Beside of that I dont thibk that Asukas fight vs the 05 series is her best I prefer the fight against Israfeal.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:27 pm

I definetly agree with Otohiko about the last 2 episodes, they're uplifting. Plus one of my best friends saw Evangelion and was completely satisfied with the conclusion and then saw EoE and hated it. I like them both though.
Chloe_666 wrote:I prefer the TV ending because in EOE Rei dies :cry: :cry:
Yeah, but in EoE Rei becomes GOD! That's gotta be a plus for Rei lovers (like myself) no?
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

gunhoe86
Org Profile

Post by gunhoe86 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:42 am

AtomicWeezleman wrote:Eoe was only good for a few things,

BTW i really like the film, but still prefer TV ending....

roftlmao!

i couldn't have said it any better.

~JOSH

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:24 pm

Anno made EoE because it, not EoTV, was how he had originally wanted to end the series. The death threats were just extra incentive. EoE was basically the "Director's Cut" of the last two episodes - notice that the two halves of EoE are given the same notation (25' and 26') as the other DC episodes.
AtomicWeezleman wrote:Eoe was only good for a few things,

I will see your 3 reasons:

4. We finally see Rei's breasts.
5. We finally see Rei seriously kill everyone on the whole f***ing planet.
6. We finally see Rei have her way with Shinji.

And raise you 14 more:

7. We finally see Misato have her way with Shinji.
8. We finally see Misato die.
9. We finally see Ritsuko die.
10. We finally see Gendo die.
11. We finally see pretty much everyone die... even that asshole NERV janitor who kept giving Shinji a hard time! No wait, I'm thinking of Scrubs.
12. We finally see Misato explain WTF the Angels are and stuff.
13. We finally see that Misato stole Satan's parking spot and that's why all this bad shit is happening.
14. We finally see Gendo die. Woohoo!
15. We finally see that Rei crushed Gendo's glasses.
16. We finally see Gendo get pwnt by Rei.
17. We finally see Gendo die! I mean, what more do you want?
18. We finally see Shinji work up the balls to pay back Asuka for all the shit she put him through.
19. We finally see what happened to all those other Evas that SEELE was in such a rush to build, and why there was such a rush to build them with no more Angels left.
20. We finally see Gendo die!
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”