end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:58 am

the Black Monarch wrote:
UncleMilo wrote:If you must merge Evangelion and End of Evangelion, then the series must end on the last note of the TV series. It seems that the scene at the end of the movie is about where the line about the world where everone is gone fits in.
Pfft. What drugs are you on, anyway? Episode 26 ends sometime before that scene where Shinji and Rei are naked, his head is in her lap, and a fully clothed Kaworu is standing over them, and they're all underwater on the surface of the moon. How do I know this? Because a shot mimicking the end of ep26 is flashed when Shinji says "What I felt at that moment etc."

Milo, it seems to me that when it comes to Eva, you don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about. Go watch the series and EoE again, and come back when you know enough to prove to us that you weren't extremely drunk every time you saw Evangelion.
Look, dude, its time for you to step the fuck back and let people take their own views on Eva. The series was designed specifically so that different people would walk away with different understandings. if there were 400 levels in Evangelion, some people might walk away with 1 or two, some might walk away with 50, some (including myslef) might walk away with most if not all of the levels.

You can't call someone stupid or ignorant just because they viewed it differently. The whole point was that the movie is not definitive once you get past a certain point. You don't know what is happeneing where, so you have to guess. I doubt everyone is going to come to the same conclusion, but that doesnt make them wrong. Its a series based on perception, maybe thats why its able to spark such massive, insult-ridden debate - it does its job too well, leaving the truly stupid and ignorant trying to convince everyone that "this is the way it is and theres no two ways about it."

So what kind of drugs are YOU on, dude?

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:04 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:Milo, it seems to me that when it comes to Eva, you don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about. Go watch the series and EoE again, and come back when you know enough to prove to us that you weren't extremely drunk every time you saw Evangelion.

So, what are your thoughts on Rei representing the 6th Sephira?

You know, I've read your posts and I find you to be hostily uninformed about the show. However, this is the reason I usually ask for e-mails, because I don't like to get into fights on the message boards out of respect to the other people on the thread.

I dislike people who don't know anything accusing me of being uninformed. That just makes me angry.

I apologize to other posters about this resoponse.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:09 pm

To SS5_Majin_Bebi, I apologize for my retort.

As I have written many times before, I was personally moved by the TV series. I have discussed the show with people involved in the translation, I have discussed it with friends, I have discussed it with people who are much better versed in the Khaballa then I am and I have worked hard to gather more information on the show.

I suppose that because the show means so much to me, I get riled by ignorant people and people who blame the show for their own inability to "get it".

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:32 pm

Just a Q - how does the Sixth Sephira touch the base of heaven? I have the Tree/System Sephiroth tacked up in my locker and I don't see how. I would think (not that I know the system well at all) that if anything is actually touching the base of Heaven it would be II & III, leading to the archetypal world. Anyway most of Evangelion's religion based refferences are inaccurate to their respective religions, so I personally wouldn't put faith in those things.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:40 am

SS5_Majin_Bebi wrote:You can't call someone stupid or ignorant just because they viewed it differently.
I'm not. I'm calling him stupid and ignorant because he has come to a number of conclusions that can be definitively disproven and/or were jumped to based on grossly misinterpreted lines. How he can take "born of" to mean "cloned from" and pass it off as fact is beyond me.
UncleMilo wrote:So, what are your thoughts on Rei representing the 6th Sephira?
I have none because it cannot be proven or disproven, and you are stating it as your opinion/interpretation/belief/whatever instead of as fact.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:59 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
UncleMilo wrote:So, what are your thoughts on Rei representing the 6th Sephira?
I have none because it cannot be proven or disproven, and you are stating it as your opinion/interpretation/belief/whatever instead of as fact.
:? der..
but i think he's still interested in your opinion none-the-less

when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary

it doesn't make a lick of difference whether or not Rei is the 6th Sephira, but it's kule to think about imo
HeartbreakerByZep wrote:Just a Q - how does the Sixth Sephira touch the base of heaven? I have the Tree/System Sephiroth tacked up in my locker and I don't see how. I would think (not that I know the system well at all) that if anything is actually touching the base of Heaven it would be II & III, leading to the archetypal world. Anyway most of Evangelion's religion based refferences are inaccurate to their respective religions, so I personally wouldn't put faith in those things.
is it possible that there are just some Tree/System Sephiroths that are just more detailed than others maybe?
or is there a standard that is never deviated from?
(the one on gendo's floor right?... or was it ceiling?)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:31 am

Daio Kaji wrote:when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary.
I'll admit that it's kind of cool to know all the wierd religious symbolic stuff that goes on, but unless an idea can expand one's understanding of WTF is going on, I'm not terribly interested.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:47 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Daio Kaji wrote:when you're discussing opinions, hard-core time/date/where they were standing/who they were standing next to references aren't necessary.
I'll admit that it's kind of cool to know all the wierd religious symbolic stuff that goes on, but unless an idea can expand one's understanding of WTF is going on, I'm not terribly interested.
fair enough

i think they should force everyone in the world to watch NGE :P

besides being cruel, it'll have positive results, plenty of much more in depth arguments in the world and plus it would bring exposure to anime and some of the better series that have a purpose besides entertainment

SO WHO'S UP FOR WORLD-WIDE FORCED ANIME SESSIONS?!!...
i know at least one person who is! (below)
FOLLOWED BY CAKE AND ICE CREAM... unless ur diebetic... or lactose intolerant... or just don't want any... and want to ruin everyone's fun :evil:

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:21 am

well I believe the reason why there was a movie after that is to replace those last two episodes. Other wise, those adoring fans would really want to kill the creators. Actually many death letters and hate mate were sent to them after the series ended.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:31 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:well I believe the reason why there was a movie after that is to replace those last two episodes.
...and the new information is where? the 'movie' actually does have a Episode 25 and Episode 26 chapter search (assuming it's DVD) so it's not an assumption on ur part, it's fact
Excalibur00 wrote:Other wise, those adoring fans would really want to kill the creators. Actually many death letters and hate mate were sent to them after the series ended.
yeah, that's a well known trivia among anime fans... least it should be

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”