end of Evangelion (episodes 25 and 26) - confused

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed May 05, 2004 6:12 pm

Yeah, I see what you're saying... the thing about EoE/EoTV's messege that makes it so uplifting is that it's optimistic despite the circumstances your in. Whenever anyone watches EoE they always come to me and say "Oh man, that's so depressing, most depressing thing ever." and then I show them the qoute that goes something like "Anywhere on Earth can be Heaven if you make it that way" or something. ;) So uplifting!
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu May 06, 2004 8:38 am

yup, definately uplifting, also
Yui's soul to Shinji... i think wrote:as long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright
so pleasant and reassuring
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Dymatrex
Org Profile

Post by Dymatrex » Thu May 06, 2004 10:33 am

That, and it also shows that in the end, the ultimate enemy of humanity is humanity itself.
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue May 11, 2004 12:08 am

You know, all that "anywhere can be heaven" crap doesn't really help me feel better about the extinction of 99.9999% of the human race...
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Tue May 11, 2004 6:13 am

I found it funny.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed May 12, 2004 7:12 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:You know, all that "anywhere can be heaven" crap doesn't really help me feel better about the extinction of 99.9999% of the human race...
Get over it, life continues. If all you care about is everybody, you won't get anywhere.

Besides, everybody knows that people can come back, it's sound outright. Were you joking?
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

AngeloftheHawks
Org Profile

Post by AngeloftheHawks » Mon May 31, 2004 1:15 pm

Watch the last 2 episodes of the TV series and then the movie all back to back. It made sense to me. Parts of the movie and parts of the episodes match up perfectly. yea..........it worked for me anyway.

:sidenote: when ur watching the movie put on the audio commentary, it is funny as hell.
what is your hand for?
give up.....?
ask Shinji.....

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Mon May 31, 2004 1:28 pm

At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq2.html
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

Dymatrex
Org Profile

Post by Dymatrex » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:46 am

R-A-N-M-A wrote:At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

Very good site and VERY informative as well. I never there was a Red Cross Book made specifically for those trying to understand Evangelion until this point.
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:53 pm

R-A-N-M-A wrote:At first I understood nothing, then this guy I know from another forum showed me this site it cleared it all up.

good site, but it's basically a well educated OPINION

he says that the two endings are different and actually opposites, but there are many including myself that believe the two endings come to the same conclusion, shinji accepting the real world of seperate individuals and accepting that there will be pain among the happiness

TV ending - glass shatters/complementation shatters, leaving shinji his congratulations by ppl he knew who in his mind congratulated him for accepting himself, not the empty togetherness that is complementation
EoE - Eva Unit 01 (shinji inside) rips out of Uber-Rei's 3rd eye/leaves complementation, destroying uber-rei and allowing the rest of the souls a way out of complementation
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”