Samurai X: Reflection

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:22 am

I seem to find the animation of Samurai X very very diffeent from the series. It doesnt have something of the series that interests me.

Now the motion picture is adifferent matter, but the dubbed voices actors changd from the series. I hate that.

IamSano
Org Profile

Post by IamSano » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:29 am

Excalibur00 wrote:I seem to find the animation of Samurai X very very diffeent from the series. It doesnt have something of the series that interests me.

Now the motion picture is adifferent matter, but the dubbed voices actors changd from the series. I hate that.
Oh, yes, I strongly agree. :) Except that i thought the OVAs were better than the show.

sk8ter10121
Org Profile

Post by sk8ter10121 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:15 am

Ok my input on the whole contradiction of most of everyones beliefs that it was TB or lepracy or something of that matter would come excuss me this may sound a little skittish if you recall during reflections kouru asks kenshin to let me share your pain (burden if you will) now my thought of this would be to share the pains of you slaying most of the people that you did in the past (just one thought). Now if you also recall back into that era of japan they also had the "Black Plague" running about, that might be what could have killed him and kouru.
Only true friends stab you in the front
Charles Dickins

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:52 am

Okay, some points that people are missing:

Kenshin nearly drowned on his trip to China, that's why he was sitting in a shack on the coast when Sano found him and why he couldn't remember anything until he saw Kaoru (That's also why the scar disappeared. It wasn't there as a result of external spite from killing his wife or her fiancee, but internal spite and having forgotten that, the scar disappeared). That was the result of Brain Damage from near-drowning.

The Disease he had BEFORE he went to China, he picked it up while working with diseased people around Japan and he went to the mainland to continue that work. It's Possible that it was leprosy but that's just one possibility. Realize that he wouldn't have taken any precautions against catching any disease if it meant he could help people that others wouldn't, which is something he would have done because he still had issues believing that he deserved to live. That's why he couldn't just simply settle down with Kaoru.

That of course completely discounts the last arc of the main run of the Manga where he finally settled his issues with the ghost of his wife and has the last fight with his Brother in-law and makes his peace with the ghosts of his past and gives his sword to Yahiko.

Mind you, the Manga ends not long after Kenji is born (When he's still a young child and sees Kenshin give the Sakabato to Yahiko), so it doesn't even begin to go into the whole last years of Kenshin's life thing. If I'm not mistaken, neither of the follow-on stories did either. So there's no telling if Kenshin did or didn't stick around, or if he did or didn't go off and catch some disease and if the story really did or didn't end the way it does in Reflections. Reflections does leave out some pretty key points, like that Kenshin's brother in law had a number of swordsmen working with him, that there were ties between them and Shishio (specifically that he worked for the Arms Merchant in Shanghai who sold Shishio the Battleship), and that Saito showed up when Kaoru went missing and went with Kenshin to the Island and then and there decided that he would never be able to settle the score with the Hitokiri Battousai, because Kenshin was no longer that person. Sano also went and he discovered more than the technique of Futae no Kiwami, he discovered the principal which in turn made him that much stronger. .. Crap, well that's all some 20+ issues off in the Viz Tankubon. Crap, with a release schedule of every two to three months it's going to be a few years <damn you, Viz Comics!!![fist shaking!!]> before we see that here.

Now, as far as the Anime, one person I know suggested Syphilis as the probable disease which would kind of gel with the theory that he got it from Shishio who got it from Yumi... Maybe.. o.O;

Just a thought.
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:32 pm

But I still enjoy watching a more serious Kenshin as well. It seems to be a more sadder past than i thoiught. Very dramatic.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:09 am

StudioKZ wrote:Now, as far as the Anime, one person I know suggested Syphilis as the probable disease which would kind of gel with the theory that he got it from Shishio who got it from Yumi...
lol. Can we stop with the theory that he got the disease when Shishio bit him? Yumi by all appearences was a rather healthy person (although that doesn't outrule anything really). I can believe though that maybe that Shishio had Syphilis, as it can make someone rather insane (Hitler supposedly had Syphilis), but then he would have no longer been insane when he died and decided to take over hell.

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:24 am

I believe that the sickness is genetic, because Kenshin's parent;s died from it as well.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:18 pm

Excalibur00 wrote:I believe that the sickness is genetic, because Kenshin's parent;s died from it as well.
But then Kaoru wouldn't have gotten it - just their son (since he'd have a good portion of Kenshin's genes).

Excalibur00
Org Profile

Post by Excalibur00 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:47 pm

of course their son would have inheirted the gene for the deiease.

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:00 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
StudioKZ wrote:Now, as far as the Anime, one person I know suggested Syphilis as the probable disease which would kind of gel with the theory that he got it from Shishio who got it from Yumi...
lol. Can we stop with the theory that he got the disease when Shishio bit him? Yumi by all appearences was a rather healthy person (although that doesn't outrule anything really). I can believe though that maybe that Shishio had Syphilis, as it can make someone rather insane (Hitler supposedly had Syphilis), but then he would have no longer been insane when he died and decided to take over hell.
For the love of god :\

Please read the posts before you reply, its super helpful, also watch the series first :|

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”