Samurai X: Reflection

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby The Hitokiri Battousai » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:32 pm

The Hitokiri Battousai wrote:The characters in Samurai X and RK is: Okina, Magdaira (Amakusa Shoujir - forget the name), Tokusugi, and someone else that I forget.


Those are the only characters that had TB int he series i meant to say
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."
User avatar
The Hitokiri Battousai
 
Joined: 31 Aug 2003
Location: Murderotica

Postby Arigatomina » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:what's all this talk about shishio having leprosy? SHISHIO DID NOT HAVE LEPROSY! He was just shot in the face and had 99% of his body burned. That's why he wear's the freakin' bandages. Not because he had leprosy. And if he did have leprosy, his woman would have had leprosy too, which, she obvioulsy doesn't.


No need to be so defensive. ^_^ Of course he wore the bandages because he was burned. But since he never stripped for the camera, there's no telling what he might have had besides the burns. And leprosy isn't an instantly visible disease. Yumi died far too early to know if she'd contracted anything (for all anyone knows, she could have had it herself and given it to Shishio since she *was* an 'escort' - a kind name for a prostitute).

And it's true - Kenshin could have contracted it if he spent time with people who had it - so long as he was giving them very very close medical attention. Think of it as a sexually transmitted disease - you need *deep* contact to contract it. I'd think it more likely that he got it from being bathed in blood during his slaughters (so long as a lot of the blood got in an open wound) more than just helping sick people (unless he spent a lot of time as a hospital worker - I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know).
User avatar
Arigatomina
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2003

Postby Tsunami Jones » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:45 am

Arigatomyna wrote:And it's true - Kenshin could have contracted it if he spent time with people who had it - so long as he was giving them very very close medical attention


Well, wasn't that what he was doing in China? If I remember correctly (which isn't necessarily a gaurentee of anything), he was going to China to help those who had caught this disease, as Kenshin was skilled in practicing medicine.

The Hitokiri Battousai wrote:no Kenshin went over to the continent (china) to help lead the Japanese Army (which Kenshin would of never had done) so no he didn't go find a cure for Kaoru


As I said before my memory is kinda a bit shaky, but I don't remember him going to directly lead the Japanese army. Also, look how much time had past. There was plenty enough time to look for a cure after kaoru contracted the disease. And he had found the "cure," as that's why he sent Sano to go kill that tiger. He needed it's liver for the medicine.

Anyways, I still don't think they have leprosy. As all Kaoru and Kenshin have are large "bruises" or I guess blood spots. Their actual flesh isn't rotting away. But i'm obviously no expert on leprosy. Maybe if I find some time I'll go do a little research on it.
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Postby IamSano » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:25 pm

Okay...now a question about Kenji, their son. I am confused about what happens after the credits. At the end, after Kenshin and Kaoru die, why was Kenji just walking off with his "girlfriend"? She asked him "what is wrong" and he said "nothing" (if I remember correctly). Okay, so did he see the dead bodies of Kenshin and Kaoru or just...realize they were dead? And was he happy about their death because he didn't like them or because he was happy they were finally at peace?
User avatar
IamSano
 
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Location: New Orleans

Postby burntoast » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:36 am

IamSano wrote:Okay...now a question about Kenji, their son. I am confused about what happens after the credits. At the end, after Kenshin and Kaoru die, why was Kenji just walking off with his "girlfriend"? She asked him "what is wrong" and he said "nothing" (if I remember correctly). Okay, so did he see the dead bodies of Kenshin and Kaoru or just...realize they were dead? And was he happy about their death because he didn't like them or because he was happy they were finally at peace?

Kenji and his girlfriend are walking near the place his father and mother died at a time later than when they passed away.. He was probably just reminiscing about their death when he was asked, "What is wrong?"
Image
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."
User avatar
burntoast
 
Joined: 21 Dec 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Status: Outside, looking in.

Postby SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:26 am

It couldve been AIDS, you know. The marks on their skin could very well have been kaposi's sarcome, a skin cancer you get when you have AIDS, and the coughing could have been a symptom of parasitic pneumonia. Not to hard to cough up blood when your lungs are dying.
User avatar
SS5_Majin_Bebi
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)

Postby Kracus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:04 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:As I said before my memory is kinda a bit shaky, but I don't remember him going to directly lead the Japanese army. Also, look how much time had past. There was plenty enough time to look for a cure after kaoru contracted the disease. And he had found the "cure," as that's why he sent Sano to go kill that tiger. He needed it's liver for the medicine.


I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed.
User avatar
Kracus
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Location: DC

Postby Tsunami Jones » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Kracus wrote:I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed


Hmmmm . . . maybe. If I find time I'm going to have to pop in the DVD and re-watch this. There's simply too much about it that I don't remember.
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Postby Kracus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:06 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Kracus wrote:I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed


Hmmmm . . . maybe. If I find time I'm going to have to pop in the DVD and re-watch this. There's simply too much about it that I don't remember.


I'm not saying your wrong I'm right, I just don't remember a cure. That's new to me. I remember Sano saying something like "sorry, but I need your strength for my friend."

Really its the manga that would be correct.
User avatar
Kracus
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Location: DC

Postby Tsunami Jones » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Kracus wrote:I'm not saying your wrong I'm right, I just don't remember a cure. That's new to me. I remember Sano saying something like "sorry, but I need your strength for my friend


No, you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying anything about the validity of your answer or mine. I'm just saying that I really should go back and re-watch it before I say anything else about it, as the last time I saw it was when it came out on DVD and I purchased it, which was quite some time ago I believe . . .
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Postby The Hitokiri Battousai » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:48 pm

sano does kill a tiger in which he says (dubbed) sorry I will have to kill you to save my friend and he does kill the tiger but in the process he gets hurt too but nothing serious.

As for the AIDS thing, it could be possible cause kenshin could of contracted it during the Bakumatsu (with all the blood flying everywhere) but I think the creator (his name escapes me) intended of us not knowing what Kenshin and Kaoru had ecept for a deadly disease. If he did, he would of had Megumi twll Tsubame what they Kenshin and Koaru had when Tsubame asked what was wrong with them :?
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."
User avatar
The Hitokiri Battousai
 
Joined: 31 Aug 2003
Location: Murderotica

Postby IamSano » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:57 pm

burntoast wrote:
IamSano wrote:Okay...now a question about Kenji, their son. I am confused about what happens after the credits. At the end, after Kenshin and Kaoru die, why was Kenji just walking off with his "girlfriend"? She asked him "what is wrong" and he said "nothing" (if I remember correctly). Okay, so did he see the dead bodies of Kenshin and Kaoru or just...realize they were dead? And was he happy about their death because he didn't like them or because he was happy they were finally at peace?

Kenji and his girlfriend are walking near the place his father and mother died at a time later than when they passed away.. He was probably just reminiscing about their death when he was asked, "What is wrong?"


So, did he admire his parents for what they did (thier love for each other) or did he think they were foolish? Was he happy they were finally at peace or something....??? Mainly, what the hell was he smiling about?!
User avatar
IamSano
 
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Location: New Orleans

Postby generalhs » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:49 pm

It WAS TB, in the subbed version (which I rented at one point), they called it "consumption" or something like that, which was a nickname for TB.

I know the symptoms seem more like leprosy, though.
User avatar
generalhs
 
Joined: 02 May 2002
Location: Net Slum

Postby Arigatomina » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:17 pm

Well, if it was TB, then at least you know there's a good chance of Kenji and his girlfriend dying later from the same thing, since he lived with his mother and father. It isn't something you just get from touching a sick person.

It is not easy to become infected with tuberculosis. Usually a person has to be close to someone with TB disease for a long period of time. TB is usually spread between family members, close friends, and people who work or live together. TB is spread most easily in closed spaces over a long period of time.


http://www.lungusa.org/diseases/lungtb.html#what

Read up on it - if Kenshin and Kaoru died from that, their son likely has the germs and will give them to any wife or child he lives with - as long as they spend a long period of time together in a closed in area (like a house). The chances of catching it over an airplain are mentioned - but very rare (meaning a casual contact of Kenshin's wouldn't have given it to him). Though it still doesn't explain the skin problems unless they developed the disease from having something like aids (which would turn the germ into an active killer).
User avatar
Arigatomina
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2003

Postby Nandez » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 am

Or it could be its a totally unknown disease only in RK i mena it is a anime and lot sof time they have made up diseases all the time.But hey you never know.
Pwolf wrote:humans are more likely to steal clips then waffles... proven fact...
User avatar
Nandez
 
Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Location: The CROS

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron