Samurai X: Reflection

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:26 am

It couldve been AIDS, you know. The marks on their skin could very well have been kaposi's sarcome, a skin cancer you get when you have AIDS, and the coughing could have been a symptom of parasitic pneumonia. Not to hard to cough up blood when your lungs are dying.

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:04 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote: As I said before my memory is kinda a bit shaky, but I don't remember him going to directly lead the Japanese army. Also, look how much time had past. There was plenty enough time to look for a cure after kaoru contracted the disease. And he had found the "cure," as that's why he sent Sano to go kill that tiger. He needed it's liver for the medicine.
I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Kracus wrote:I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed
Hmmmm . . . maybe. If I find time I'm going to have to pop in the DVD and re-watch this. There's simply too much about it that I don't remember.

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:06 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Kracus wrote:I thought Sano killed the Tiger to give kenshin strength by eating the Tiger's heart. Which sano later made and gave to kenshin. I don't remember kenshin saying much cause he was on his deathbed
Hmmmm . . . maybe. If I find time I'm going to have to pop in the DVD and re-watch this. There's simply too much about it that I don't remember.
I'm not saying your wrong I'm right, I just don't remember a cure. That's new to me. I remember Sano saying something like "sorry, but I need your strength for my friend."

Really its the manga that would be correct.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Kracus wrote:I'm not saying your wrong I'm right, I just don't remember a cure. That's new to me. I remember Sano saying something like "sorry, but I need your strength for my friend
No, you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying anything about the validity of your answer or mine. I'm just saying that I really should go back and re-watch it before I say anything else about it, as the last time I saw it was when it came out on DVD and I purchased it, which was quite some time ago I believe . . .

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:48 pm

sano does kill a tiger in which he says (dubbed) sorry I will have to kill you to save my friend and he does kill the tiger but in the process he gets hurt too but nothing serious.

As for the AIDS thing, it could be possible cause kenshin could of contracted it during the Bakumatsu (with all the blood flying everywhere) but I think the creator (his name escapes me) intended of us not knowing what Kenshin and Kaoru had ecept for a deadly disease. If he did, he would of had Megumi twll Tsubame what they Kenshin and Koaru had when Tsubame asked what was wrong with them :?
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

IamSano
Org Profile

Post by IamSano » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:57 pm

burntoast wrote:
IamSano wrote:Okay...now a question about Kenji, their son. I am confused about what happens after the credits. At the end, after Kenshin and Kaoru die, why was Kenji just walking off with his "girlfriend"? She asked him "what is wrong" and he said "nothing" (if I remember correctly). Okay, so did he see the dead bodies of Kenshin and Kaoru or just...realize they were dead? And was he happy about their death because he didn't like them or because he was happy they were finally at peace?
Kenji and his girlfriend are walking near the place his father and mother died at a time later than when they passed away.. He was probably just reminiscing about their death when he was asked, "What is wrong?"
So, did he admire his parents for what they did (thier love for each other) or did he think they were foolish? Was he happy they were finally at peace or something....??? Mainly, what the hell was he smiling about?!

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:49 pm

It WAS TB, in the subbed version (which I rented at one point), they called it "consumption" or something like that, which was a nickname for TB.

I know the symptoms seem more like leprosy, though.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:17 pm

Well, if it was TB, then at least you know there's a good chance of Kenji and his girlfriend dying later from the same thing, since he lived with his mother and father. It isn't something you just get from touching a sick person.
It is not easy to become infected with tuberculosis. Usually a person has to be close to someone with TB disease for a long period of time. TB is usually spread between family members, close friends, and people who work or live together. TB is spread most easily in closed spaces over a long period of time.
http://www.lungusa.org/diseases/lungtb.html#what

Read up on it - if Kenshin and Kaoru died from that, their son likely has the germs and will give them to any wife or child he lives with - as long as they spend a long period of time together in a closed in area (like a house). The chances of catching it over an airplain are mentioned - but very rare (meaning a casual contact of Kenshin's wouldn't have given it to him). Though it still doesn't explain the skin problems unless they developed the disease from having something like aids (which would turn the germ into an active killer).

Nandez
Org Profile

Post by Nandez » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 am

Or it could be its a totally unknown disease only in RK i mena it is a anime and lot sof time they have made up diseases all the time.But hey you never know.
Pwolf wrote:humans are more likely to steal clips then waffles... proven fact...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”